X-Particles and distribution frequncy on polygon area, How and what Modifier to use? Please help me

I have tried in this scene this where i used the cover modifier along with turbulence modifier… even i used it within the shader, it did not help me out. Please any advice?

I just want to simply achieve particles to be distributed by the texture black and white value, is there any way? I am sure there is but do not know where…

https://insydium.ltd/support-home/video-manuals/x-particles-video-manual/modifiers/motion/xpcover-modifier/ using a texture @ around 2:43

yes, i have already watched this tutorial before i posted this post here… but he described steps only when you use the shader which is really contrasted! Because when i use the shader which has smooth areas betwenen black and white areas it seems it does not care at all! That is my problem guys.

The way I do this is to have a target xpEmitter that emits off the texture, this gives lots of control over the actual distribution, then use an xpInherit to have the main particles inherit those texture based particle positions.

cheers,
brasc

Thank you very much for your help here, i will keep it in my mind for the next project for sure! Thank you very much for your advice and help!

What i do have as another misunderstanding is using Fields (Falloffs) it seems that XP does not recognize the transition area even as linear field :frowning:

Ruddy heck, every day’s a school day. Cheers!

@brasco I have learned a ton from you over the years and have a bunch of wonderful example files you have done! Thanks for the input.

Thanks for the kind words, happy to help :slight_smile:

The way I do this is to have a target xpEmitter that emits off the texture, this gives lots of control over the actual distribution, then use an xpInherit to have the main particles inherit those texture based particle positions.

Is there a way how to transfer particles in linear falloff style to the final destination place? I mean not to transfer them randomly on the surface?

At that point I would reverse the whole shot. Getting it to land in an ordered fashion is possible, but would require adding new particles to the target emitter and that seems overkill.

In the setup below, we’re still using the xpInherit but it’s in reverse. Since the Particles on the plane have zero velocity, the xpInherit won’t actually start blending the two until they are moving, so I just nudge them in to life using the xpSpeed mod and the Linear Field. I addeed some Turbulence that has it’s Strength Mapped to the distance travelled so it eases in.

I cached it so I could easily reverse it using a negative playback Scale but you could also just reverse it in Post.

brasco_XP_Falloff_Ordered_Inheritance_v01.c4d (Download)

cheers,
brasc

Thank you very much Brasco! I do really apreciate your help here! Really much! I am newbie in XP but i already fallen in love with it :slight_smile: I have learnt a lot in last weeks… so thank you for your scene, where i could see your curve setups in the data map editor. Good idea with the xpCache to reverse it, i found out that the Cache object is really powerful, you can easilly retime it or offset the cached animation in eassy way! I used the History modifier instead of reverse cache but it does not matter:)

One last question, do you know how to render out (within Redshift or Octane) The changing color of particles? I was looking for some node out there but could not find any… Thank you very much and take it easy out there! :sunglasses: :wink:

No worries, happy to help.

For the rendering I would double check their individual manuals but the usual workflow is to pull in data in to the node graphs. It’s been a while since I’ve used Octane but it used to be via an Instance node and Redshift does it by using the the RS Color User Data node with the attribute RSPColor.

cheers,
brasc

Thank you for your help that pointed me right up to the right places :slight_smile: I have one more problem / question…

When i use Particle Groups i lose for example the Gradient Parametr from the Emitter… :frowning: What i do understand that Groups have its own Display settings, but they seem to not support those Parameters… i have not managed to get it work to show me Gradient Parametr from its original Emitter (even i tried to enable force display). I also read the manual but not found anything helpful :frowning: