Username isn't valid

Maybe it’s because of the special characters in my username, but I can’t use my current alias to get the CGP. It says it is invalid or already in use. It gives me the option to change it, but it says that it will affect my CGSociety username as well.

What should I do?

yes, it’s because of the characters in your username; If you want to use portfolio you’re going to have to change your username to something else.

This is because we use your username for your portfolio domain, and there are very clear rules about how domains can be structured.

hmm ok. Thanks for the heads up.

IMHO wouldn’t it be better if we can make up a name just for our portfolio url? I would prefer just to use my real name for the portfolio url, but I don’t want to use it for my CGTalk alias. To me this makes more sense, and is better for people like me who have obscure usernames. Maybe instead of using a person’s forum alias, it could use the person’s name that he/she enters in his or her profile. It would make the page that much more appealing when you just have to type in a person’s first name instead of some obscure alias.

Just an idea. What do you guys think?

TraceR

we want to keep people’s usernames consistant throughout the sites to avoid confusion to all involved.

Ok, I just thought it would make more sense to use a person’s real name instead of an alias. I’m not sure if I am ready to change my username just yet. :shrug:

Just an idea.

TraceR

That’s all well and good, but there are several users who share the same real name, and it becomes hard for us to sort out who gets the domain and who doesn’t.

You’re welcome to use your real name as a username however.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.