TurbulenceFd Tutorials Which Renderer

With Redshift becoming integrated…well at a price, into C4D I was wondering what most members would like to see. I have a major scene tutorial on the go and would like your input on whether I should be doing it in RS or AR/Phys ? I may well do several versions perhaps a version bundled with my full tutorial set ? I will of course include a TFD overview. Redshift seems the way to go but I am sure there are many who are sticking with AR/Phys…your views ?
Here is a link to my tutorial set which of course is still very much applicable though I will off course be doing a new set for the upcoming TFD 2 https://store.payloadz.com/details/2605809-software-training-turbulencefd-tfd-for-cinema-4d-fundamentals.html

Hi Paul,

for me, Redshift is the way to go.

If you are already using a powerful Nvidia GPU for simulation with TFD, then you will enjoy the speed improvement of GPU rendering as well.

Agreed for the scene rendering RS is difficult to beat…still not getting the hang of TFD usage and find Native C4D better but slower. . And of course there is the out of meme fall back…AFAIK when rendering volumes there is no fallback to RAM. To be honest if I do the tutorial using redshift I an also add as section to set up the TFD in AR…that would not be too big a deal for a tutorial spanning several hours anyway.

I dont know any c4d users who use the native renderer anymore. Not professionally anyway. (I lied I rendered something last week in physical but it was only because it was a project from 3 years ago that the client needed updated slightly). Redshift seems to be the main render engine, followed by octane and arnold.

To add–I dont know many who still use TFD either. A lot have moved to XP, Houdini, and now theres that max plugin that was ported to c4d recently. (I could be wrong–I just havent seen it personally for quite a while)

However NONE of the other fluid sims run on the GPU…Game winner