Time offset of animation WITHOUT keyframes across clones or objects in mograph object

Everything I’ve been able to dig up about offsetting time between either clones or objects placed under mograph object talks only about offsetting KEYFRAME animation.

I’ve tried various tutorial methods involving step or shader effector, etc, but they don’t appear to do anything in cases of non-keyframe animation. I see indications scattered about that any such offset just won’t work without keyframes, so…

… before I resort to creating an xpresso setup to separately address a delay for each object, is there any other method I should be looking into? In this case, I’m dealing with non-clone objects under a mograph object (cloner with no clones added or fracture. Either is fine), but interested in doing the same with clones as well.

Physics animation can be baked to keyframes in seconds, if you weren’t aware.

So you can use mograph for baked physics animations:

In this tutorial Mike starts with physics on one coin then bakes it and builds the rest w/Mograph. Mike’s tutorial is in Russian, but one can follow it easy enough w/out the narration. He’s sometimes active on this site.

And of course the effectors can all be animated by modifying fall off objects. Just keyframe movement of the fall-off objects.

And you have yet another option. When you see noise in mograph you’ll see an option to animate the noise, which will impact PSR animation.

Not doing anything physics based… unless the implication is that anything can be restructured as such and maintain some sort of baked proxy that can be swapped out if changes made.

Most of what I’m doing outside keyframes has to do with various kinds of audio and MIDI reactors or is otherwise event driven, and trying as much as possible to maintain top level controls so I can wait until I can see them all reacting together to dial in the details of each. Scene I’m working on at the moment has half a dozen types of reactors, and it’s just too hard to dial in their interaction properly if any of it is baked since they interact.

Have you looked at Signal?

https://greyscalegorilla.com/downloads/signal/

Yeah. Have it. Love it.

I was thinking maybe it could be used in the process, but not quite seeing how. Might need to review docs as I wasn’t trying to do any one shot stuff when I first used it.

I was about to post this exact same question. I don’t suppose anyone has any fresh ideas?

I’m at the stage now where every link on Google has turned purple…

Hi, I had a solution for this that was based on the old Mograph falloff system.

I have part way adapted it for the current Fields system, some functions are still not implemented but you are free to use it as is - it should cover what you’re asking.

It’s not the most intuitive system to understand, but see the examples. The timing settings are on the python field object user data page. The field can be added to any type of effector.

Field time offset object c4d file

Cheers,
Iain

Formula Effector Time Offset 1.c4d (164.1 KB)

The Formula Effector is great for effects like this.

This file is a better example because it doesn’t require external files.
Formula Effector Range 3.c4d (117.3 KB)

@neonghost This could potentially be a game changer. I couldn’t get Example 2 to work, but I’m assuming I’d need to have a play around with the script

Formula Effector is so powerful. I can’t imagine why the second file would not work.
The first one needed 5 PS files with numbers 1-5. The second one is SO cool that I would do backflips to get it going!
Glad you could use the technique.

Sorry @teknow, I was replying to @neonghost. there

I noticed you had replied to my post on core4d, so I thought I would continue the formula route there: https://www.core4d.com/ipb/forums/topic/114569-non-keyframed-offset-for-mograph-effectors/?tab=comments#comment-733170