The Real Story Here

We’ve been betrayed, by one we thought our friend.

J.R.R. Tolkien: “For nothing is evil in the beginning.”

But this:

“I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.

JRR Tolkein, Lord of the Rings

We are displaced. We push on to a new country. With Hope.

“If you want a vision of the future of Cinema 4D, imagine a Mograph cloner stamping on a human face - forever.”

George Orwell

Is this supposed to be a joke or what? In other words, what is this thread about?

I think the 4 or 5 existing threads and polls to say how many people aren’t happy with the new pricing schemes are enough, not to open new ones for the sake of letting steam off and write pamphlets.

I’m not happy either, but I’m still coming to see relevant news and help people on C4D. Please let’s keep this place organized.

I’m fine with one or two midly OT threads but let’s keep it under control. We don’t need 10 threads about Houdini, Blender Maya Indie,George Orwell or Tolkien.

I think in a few months time this forum is going to be flooded with people asking why splines aren’t smooth and someone is going to have to explain intermediate points and angles.

Then again, maybe not as this forum is painful to use after the redesign.

And the answer is going to be “You have Cineversity in your subscription, go watch the tutorials” (hopefully, Maxin will remove those tuts that are much too old now…)

I have no idea WTF this thread is about but Vel0city made me laugh

a bit melodramatic ?

don’t forget its a piece of software… things change. it was kinda to be expected in the current climate. I dare say many speculated that this was gonna happen. I am not sure what people would jump ship to ? Houdini is not every mans cup of tea. After that, alternatives are pretty thin on the ground. Autodesk or blender?

I know a couple of people that jumped out of this line of work : burnout, better prospects elsewhere even being a plumber… for myself am of a sort of in between because software development in last 20 years have been a disappointment starting with stupid OS, i am still dealing with crap like booleans.
Hardware instead improved well.
CAD software worked already okay in last decade and certainly the work pays better compared to this.

If money is one of the deciding factors, Maya Indie, Max Indie, and Houdini Indie are all almost a third of the cost of a C4D subscription, and Blender is free.

R22 is gonna have social media integrated into it, when you click on the Mograph cloner, it brings up a youtube video of an award ceremony… :smiley:

It is always the case in any situation that those who are mad/pissed/disappointed/etc are going to be the most visible and vocal, and it creates an incorrect appearance that most people agree.

There is Meta

caveman

GIF games ?

No thanks. I won’t play.

Interesting what some well known users say:

If it really was $60/month spread out, like a cell phone bill, I’d be really open to it.

I dislike that they say it’s $60/month, billed annually. No.

It’s just $720/year.

That said, though, I’m liking a lot of the new features. I watched a ton of Siggraph vids and it appeals to me, at least. Maxon’s site and announcement did not do a good job of communicating the new features at all.

What features you liked more Bubble?

I use ProRender as I’m stuck on my Mac, so I’m excited about getting full node support in there (I’ll finally learn it now), along with volumetrics and denoising. Beta testers have said it is also faster.

Bevels, for my work, will be a god send (motion graphics, logos etc) and they are integrated in the typical Maxon way - auto creating selection tags so I can manipulate parts of the bevel with effectors or shaders.

The fields looks pretty neat, and the timeline speed improvements sound great.

The volume modeling masking and cacheing is also pretty cool. Opens up some cool options that get me thinking.

Thanks, Bubble, i like to hear that opinions.

For me what appealed more was the timeline speed improvements, the vdb cache, eventually there will be other hidden gems.