Seeking a skilled 3D generalist with a passion for creating short films and games in Unity.
What makes this job unique
- We create fully immersive VR experiences that are enjoyed in actual water (in swimming pools and on water slides) while wearing a waterproof VR headset. No one else makes films and games like these.
- High thematic diversity keeps things fun. It’s not uncommon to get to work on science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary projects all in the same year.
In this role, you will
- Create original virtual reality experiences for our installations at waterparks and resorts
- Modify existing virtual reality experiences according to client requirements
- Have full responsibility for your creations, including world-building, animation, and lighting.
- Storyboard original concepts
- Assist the marketing department by providing attractive images and video clips of our experiences when needed
- Solid Unity skills, particularly around world-building / level-design, lighting, and animation.
- Experience with supplemental asset creation software such as Blender, Maya, Photoshop, or others.
- A strong sense of visual storytelling with an eye for what’s exciting, beautiful, and unexpected.
- A passion for learning new skills, moving fast, and solving problems on the fly.
- An ability to take full responsibility for your creations from asset placement and animation, to lighting and post-processing.
VR experience is a plus, but not required. We’re located in San Francisco, but remote workers are also encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Send your introductory message and resume to atlas (at) ballastvr (dot) com
- Include a link to your portfolio or demo reel. This is required.
About the company
Learn more about us at ballastvr (dot) com