Shortcuttable - R25

Hello all,

Does anyone have a problem transferring their saved shortcuttable file to r25?

I’m bring the file to
AppData\Roaming\Maxon\Maxon Cinema 4D R25_1FE0824E\prefs

but it does seem to work.

I’ve also dropped into the shortcuts folder… again… doesn’t seem to work.

what the heck am i missing here?!!?!?! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

thanks for the time.

It has been renamed to and moved to a subfolder in prefs: \prefs\shortcuts\Cinema 4D R25 (modified).res (that is the user edited one)

The default shortcut table is in the C4D install directory:

C:\Program Files\Maxon Cinema 4D R25\resource\modules\c4dplugin\shortcuts\Cinema 4D R25.res

cheers,
brasc

thank you @brasco

these little changes really have an impact. thanks for the help!!

Watch out with old shortcuts.
A lot off commands are renamed in R25.

yeah… good call @birdy

I’m better off remapping everything at this point. thanks for the advice

As a suggestion, something I started doing several versions back was to keep a list of all the keyboard shortcuts I change. It takes some effort at first, but it does pay off. As mentioned by birdy, commands can change from version to version and in the past I’ve had problems from importing old prefs and things into new versions. So now, whenever I change a keyboard shortcut I just add it into my spreadsheet list… yeah, it takes a few seconds more, but at least I have it documented, so that when a new version comes out I can just run through the list and update my shortcuts – it takes half an hour or so, but at least it’s clean.

All in all, it would be good if Maxon could implement some kind of preferences import, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I agree @Benek… great advice.

I believe if you go to Command Manager-File-Load… you have the ability to load your Hotkeys!!

I discovered this the other day. :grin:

@thorsnuts You kidding me?! Never knew that… why don’t Maxon ever shout about the good stuff!

Must be new, in R23 I can’t see any file menu or button in the Customize Commands window.
(There is an API to save and load key settings though.)