Roughen edges in Photoshop


is there a way to roughen edges, similar to the type in this photo?

Im looking for a way to do this without using wacom and brushes. perhaps more like the simple Roughen Edges effect in After Effects.


2 passes…

an outer, expanded alpha combined with a rough texture + your regular text with the edges softened

combine those twoand get an alpha you can use as your text.