R23 and cinebench 23

When you say superior do you mean not as fast and more expensive than AMD?

Shipping low power high performance CPUs is their comfort zone but can they ship CPU/GPU combos that can compete at the highest level? Personally I’d wait to declare Apple victorious until they ship hardware that can beat current Workstation hardware. or whatever level of hardware you personally are interested in.

Apple is believed to have a 16 core 64GB ARM chip ready but that’s still not high end. Can they produce it in volume and not at eye watering prices? It’ll be good, no doubt, but really high end no. My next workstation build which I’ve put off until AMD ships Zen3 Threadrippers and nVidia ships 7nm variants of Ampere will be 32 core, 256GB and 2 or 3 3090 equivalents. Apple won’t be shipping anything near as powerful as current gen tech let alone what will be available in a few months for a long time. Then, as I said before, the 5nm chips will be upon us quicker than ever.

Apple has demonstrated, low power high performance chips and I agree they are impressive for what they are. This does not translate into a win across the stack. It’s way too early for laps of honour.

Apple main seller is the Macbook Pro line so I would think most of their eggs will go in that basket. The iMac is a good seller but the iMac Pro and Mac Pro are rounding errors in terms of sales. How much enthusiasm and will is there at Apple for these product lines?

I’m going to guess, infograph that when you are away from this forum you stay quite busy… burning things down in Portland, or pushing people off subway stations in NY. Go away.

I already said…I don’t use Macs for 3d work. No plan to. But your little inner jihad never shuts off, does it?

My name for you moving fwd is noise-graph. And I’ve made a vow never to read a word of your posts moving forward.

There’s nothing in my previous message that should cause such a nonlinear response so you must be really really desperate to ingratiate yourself with the group. I think after that display you can be quite confident that your previous indiscretions of posting Blender related material and dissing Maxon will now be overlooked and your readmittance will surely be confirmed probably by a congratulatory post by Sartana.

Congratulation ICM. In some ways I’m pleased to have helped.

Ok, lets try again,