Odd Renaming behavior

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this. I talked with Maxon and they didn’t know what caused it.

Here is what I am seeing:

When renaming an object or material, after typing the name (while still in the active text editing mode) , if I don’t hit enter but instead click somewhere else in C4D, I jump out of C4D and over to whatever my last open application was (like Chrome, for instance).

If I hit enter after typing the name, locking in my change, there is no issue.
If I have no other open apps, there is no issue.

Thanks!

Lance

R20 Bug: Window Pop-up After Renaming Anything

No, I haven’t experience this since I used C4D. Probably just install the latest update or reinstall C4D to fix it.

Hey Lance -

I’ve experienced this issue in some random circumstances where I’m CLEARLY clicking inside C4D yet the app behind it thinks I am clicking it. I’ll have to try to pay more attention to see if it is when I’m editing text labels.

Actually, I will say that it is ALWAYS when I’m trying to click away from whatever I’m actually editing, which in most cases would be a text field as that’s how I usually commit my change. I click somewhere else in the app. The more I think about this, I think it is the same thing you are experiencing.

Yes, that’s it!

Now we just need to figure out what is causing it.

I did a full clean reinstall of C4D and it did not solve the issue. As another point R19 does not have this issue.