need help with ryan church video tutorial

Hi everyone,
I am trying to do Ryan church painting tutorial.
How do I make the same layout and also the same brushes. He doesn;t go indepth on that so I’m lost on how he paints the airplane. What specs should i put for the brushes? paint? water color, digital water cooler etc…

also in tutorial he says to change the brush size hold control and alt. When i do that it moves the pics and doesn’t change any size.

Im using painter 8 and winxp

Try Ryan’s site for information on creating the brushes.

As for resizing, simply use Alt + Ctrl + Shift + LMB.

Thanks but i tried and his brushses still look different from what he was using in the movie, the way he made things shine. when i used all brush i dont get that tint of color.

havent seen vids yet but sould he be using glow brush for shine???

Originally posted by shyy
Thanks but i tried and his brushses still look different from what he was using in the movie, the way he made things shine. when i used all brush i dont get that tint of color.

I haven’t seen the video, so these suggestions are just my best guesses:

If he used the F/X’s Glow variant, you can alter the glow color by choosing various colors as your Primary Color.

Also, to see what works best:

Adjust the brush size.

In the Painter 8 Property bar, adjust the Strength slider.

In the Painter 8 Brush Creator > Stroke Designer > General section, adjust the Opacity slider lower to get more control.

In the Painter 6 and Painter 7 Controls palette, adjust the Opacity slider lower to get more control.

In the Painter 6 and Painter 7 Controls palette, move the Grain slider to the right to get better color control.

Paint with a very light touch.

Experiment with all this on a test Canvas to see how, and if, it works for you.

Hope this helps!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.