Hello Industry Masters,
I hope I am not the only one facing this problem. please read through to understand the situation.
This is a true yelp for help from a 40 years old guy, 20 years veteran graphic designer who never got formally educated(other than few crash courses in GD).
I really need to make a career out of CG/3D animation/modelling industry. WHY?
I am working as a GD for the past 20 years and, as a 40 years old I have evaluated few career changes, and realized that I better stick to what I have experience in, rather than starting a completely new career.
- -> I do not consider myself as a hand artist, in fact I really can’t draw, but I can replicate a design in computer.
Here are my driving factors:
- -> I am sick and tired of being a GD for 20 years and never moved up the ladder, I feel like this is a dead end.
- -> New, younger, and hungrier people overtake me in my career, and I feel ashamed when a non-GD person(younger person) comes and tells me what to do design wise because people think anyone can do what GDs do.
- -> So, I have decided to do something more specialized where not everyone can think they can poke their nose in easily.
I am a family man and do not have 30k,40k,50K some $ to put towards fancy courses.
SO please, is there anyone out there kind and generous enough to guide me to a course that is:
- -> streamlined and covers all the topics
- -> I do not care about a degree in the end of the course because degrees don’t mean much in CG industry where portfolio is the boss.
Is there any one master or one course that can teach me everything? I can try to pay the fees in instalments or take a loan
- -> finally like I mentioned above I am not very good with drawings so any technical course in animation industry could be good.
I know it’s complicated to understand everything I said but feel free to as me questions if you like.
Thank you for reading.
P.S I am in Alberta, Canada, and I would try to do things online preferably