Is there an unfold tool in zbrush that is like maya? I want to unfold my already made UV’s from maya?
Because this is my current workflow , not sure is it a extra step workflow or is there a better workflow
Lets say I need to model a table
- I modeled the base mesh in Maya
- open UV
- bring to zbrush to sculpt details (like uneven edges or cracks) with subdiv 6 and Smooth modifier
- exported the detailed lowpoly mesh ( subdiv 1) to Maya
- unfold/fix the UV that has been opened before
- export back the unfolded/fixed mesh to zbrush
- copy and paste the unfolded/fixed mesh’s UV to the highpoly (subdiv6)
- bake the displacement map or bring the lowpoly mesh (with fixed UV) to substance painter to do the texture.
The reason I went back into maya and unfold/fix the UV it is because , after I add subdiv6, smooth modified and sculpted the mesh in zbrush. My mesh shape is definitely changed but my UV is still remaining the same . So when ever i bring it into substance painter my texture is definitely distorted.
I hope there is a unfold tool in zbrush that is similar to Maya , so that I dont need to go back and forward to Maya then zbrush to fix the UVs