Image Rejected, due to lack of Reference?

This is the email I got once I tried to upload an image to my gallery.

Terro,

We are sorry, but your recent submission to the CGSociety
Hosted Gallery has not been approved.
(“Soldiers Grave 2, Greg Kaperski (2D)”)

We at CGSociety.org would like to offer encouragement
in your next submission.

Your submission has been rejected for the following reason(s):
Hi there, :slight_smile: Please include the photo reference which you used for your
painting and resubmit your image. :slight_smile:

The CGSociety Crew

I didn’t use a photo reference, lol. I guess it doesn;t really matter though, itstill shows up in my gallery.

http://terro.cgsociety.org

Terro,

Heh, sorry for that ~ no, the rejection is from the CGTalk Gallery ~ to which your piece was submitted since you probably didn’t uncheck “Submit my image to the CGTalk Gallery” when you uploaded your work to the CGPortfolio Gallery. Any work you submit to your own CGPortfolio Gallery is ‘approved’ ~ it doesn’t go through a moderation process as do images submitted to the Gallery on CGTalk.

Sorry for that, as I thought I had seen this image somewhere as a photo…no insult intended. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

So it was you, Evil Rebeccak, lol. Don’t worry about it Bek. No harm done, I didn’t need it in the CGGallery , but I did not rip it off, lmao.

LOL :smiley: my apologies. :wink:

If it makes you feel better, my own traditional work gets rejected because it’s not CG. :wink:

Cheers,

~RK the evil :smiley:

Ok, since we are on the topic , one last question for the future.

Lets say I do have a piece of work done off of a ref image, how would I go about submitting an image through my gallery and linking a ref image to it. Should I just post a link to the reference in the notes section?

Originally posted by Terro: Lets say I do have a piece of work done off of a ref image, how would I go about submitting an image through my gallery and linking a ref image to it. Should I just post a link to the reference in the notes section?

Yep. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.