Are you interested in working on an ambitious new shooter game? We are investing heavily (2+ years) in building a unique and differentiated (not BR, and not just Team Death Match) shooter game that we hope can drive deep emotions in our players.
To help us achieve our mission, we need to find an incredibly talented 3D Art Lead!
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bangalore (Remote until Jan 1, 2022)
As Lead 3D Artist on our team, you will be responsible for leading the art team in the development of high-quality art assets while ensuring adherence with the creative vision of the game.
What you will do:
- Help establish, develop and maintain the game artistic style and visual quality
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful teamwork, giving feedback and direction where needed
- Work closely with the game director, product owner, designers, and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
- Evaluate, expand, and maintain asset creation pipelines and processes.
- Present and carry through new innovative ideas for raising the visual bar and improving technology.
- Mentor, educate, and share your subject matter expertise with the team to instill best practices.
- 5+ years of professional experience in video games and/or at least two shipped titles.
- Ability to assess the content scope and ensure successful delivery of content on tight deadlines.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills – 3D modeling, texturing and lighting
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator and mentor with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max/Maya and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools
- Outstanding problem-solving skills regarding creative, technical, and production issues, while keeping a professional, calm, and composed demeanor.
- Experience working in various game engines.
- Passion for playing and making video games.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Understanding version control and project management tools.