Help with PC build for fast rendering

Hi,

Im trying to build a pc with fast render speed. Currently im just using arnold but will prob use several others in the future. Using software such as maya, zbrush, substance, marvelous, mari etc.

my hardware skills are not great but this is what ive got so far. Im using some old parts from my current pc. I wanna try to keep my budget of 1500-2000$.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X OR AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5 GHz 70MB

CPU Cooler - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4 59.5 CFM CPU Cooler

Video Card - MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 Gaming Twin Frozr HDMI DVI-I DP Graphics Card (4GB, PCI Express, DDR5, 256 Bit) - using old until next generation is released (if possible).

Case - Fractal Design Define C Black / Fractal Design S / Fractal Design R5/R6 , As descret and quite as possible.

Motherboard - ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero, here i dont really know which one to pick.

RAM - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z Neo C

SSD - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 750W PC Power Supply - Gold, using my old one if possible.

Id love to hear your input and advice.

cheers

PCPartPicker Part List

You can change your gpu with a much better with this budget. You can also keep the psu. It’s fine.

ay thanks for replying so soon. The reason why I didnt chose to upgrade my gpu is because i didnt think it would affect the rendering but perhaps it does? and since im not palying any games atm that requires a good one.

Def gonna add the other options you selected to my list. btw, is water cooling a must in this sort of build?

cheers man

All the applications you use would benefit from a better gpu. It’s not only about rendering. Substance, Marvelous and Mari need a good gpu with adequate Vram to fit larger projects inside. So, if you can, buy a new gpu now. If you want a cheaper alternative, the RTX 2060 Super 8gb is a good vfm for this workflow and costs much less (<400$).

As for AIO water cooling, I would personally go for it with this processor. I’ve seen many users complaining about high temps with quite good air coolers., like the Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 for instance. During stress the 3900X would stay above 80°C, around 85 in most cases.

i see, then im definitely doing that. thanks again