Groom / FX Technical Director
Create exceptional animation experiences with us
As an award-winning animation studio, arx anima is specialized in high-end character animation and development. For our upcoming feature film we are currently looking for motivated, integer people with a hands-on mentality and an open mindset. We truly believe that building up a positive working environment automatically crafts happiness on all ends.
As a Grooming Artist you will work closely with the Rigging Supervisor and CG supervisor to set quality standards, identify potential strategies, assess technical options to meet the visual requirements and evaluate production schedules. You participate as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of Preproduction and asset Production.
We are looking for you to start working from the beginning of September - throughout the end of asset production which is estimated by April 2020.
Production will take place in Vienna, Austria - the world’s most liveable city.
Grooming Artists are responsible for delivering high quality hair, fur, feathers and organic elements for our 3D characters and environments. The artist interprets the 2D model packs and creates a 3D representation that meets the technical requirements and the artistic vision established for the project.
- Create groom styles and groom textures for characters
- Develop Dynamics for the defined groom
- Test against animation sample
- Work independently on defined tasks, but in collaboration with artists and supervisors of rigging and lighting during the look development process
For the open position as Grooming Artist will bring
- Experience in producing animated movies and/or series in the same or a similar position for at least 3 years
- Deep understanding of technical needs to define the production requirements
- Experience in production of grooming is required
- Experience with feather system and other character FX is a big plus
- Knowledge of industry-standard groom packages such as XGen, Yeti, etc.
- Proven technical knowledge of Houdini grooming system is a big plus
- Have an eye for detail, composition, colors, scales and forms
- Deep understanding of the relevance of the asset department to ensure a smooth production workflow is a high advantage
- Ability to delegate and empower your team
- Social skills for your fellow coworkers, including 50GB of humor and respect
- Ability to implement and maintain an open and supportive feedback culture
If you are available and interested, we would be more then happy to receive your application at the link below
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or marital status.