FXWARS Post here those who are looking for partners/teams

[font=Verdana]Who knows it might be cool to have a Maya Team competing against a Max team.![/font]

So please, if you are interested reply to this thread if you are interested in working with a partner/team on FXWARS
Just enter:

Name:
Program:
SKILLS:
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO:

-R

HI MYSELF IS DARSHAN A 3D MODELLER.I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN DYNAMICS VERY MUCH.SO I WANNA B A PART IN MAX TEAM.SO IF ANY ONE INTERESTED THEN PLZ REPLY

Name: DARSHAN
Program: 3DS MAX
SKILLS: MODEELING AND DYNAMICS
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: DYNAMICS

-R[/QUOTE]

Name: Francis St-Denis
Program: Softimage XSI , Maya and Realflow
SKILLS: Dynamic & Lightning
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: I want to create something original and fun with talented people. And maybe create a XSI team just for the challenge of it :wink:

Hi my names Chris Debney im a director living and working in london

destroying earth is something of a hobby for me!

Im looking to work with a team who know max.

Ideally id like to direct the project as i have a definate idea of how id like to see the earth destroyed its a little different to the norm, but also want to block out the anim my strong points are compsotion texturing and lighting, teamwork is what it’ll take to achive what we dream of!!

check out some of my related work: all animation in the films was done by myself in max.

http://corporate.gettyimages.com/TNBI/source/backstory.aspx?filmid=12

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/filmnetwork/A25661522

www.chrisdebney.com

Hi Chris,

Myself is darshan situated in new delhi,India.you can call me darry.I am a 3D modeller majorly doing background.
I have experience of doing work with UTV Toons on international project like freej(dubai’s first ever animated series)

I have special interest in dynamics,particles,Cloth,hair n fur,SFX and some time rigging.

All i want to do these things for my creative hunger.i can spare some time from my schedule.

i wanna be a part of your team.
so consider myself a team member and contact me at:
p_darshan81@yahoo.co.in
p.darshan81@gmail.com

Thanx
DARRY

Name: Mike C
Program: 3D Studio Max 8
SKILLS: Storyboarding, modeling & animation (camera)
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: Storyboard and animate

I’ve been working with 3D Studio Max since late 2005, though it’s not my primary task so I only use the tool about four or so hours a week. My primary work is designing and developing CBT’s. This includes, storyboarding (in MS Word), creating graphics and animations, voice narrations, and a prototype in Flash,PhotoShop, and 3D Max.

My first animation was a camera panning down from above 'til it was level with some text. Some of the text faded out, then the rest merged together. This faded out and another set faded in. The camera moved forward until it was through the text. Then the camera was ‘in orbit’ around earth, moving and panning, the sun and moon passing by, until it was on the light side facing the planet where it stopped. There were hundreds of other models that faded in, in batches. These formed letters on the surface.

I haven’t done a great deal of modeling or animating the models outside of fairly simple movements. I’ve used some lighting effects (glow, star, ring, and such) to create stars and suns. And I’ve started working on a new earth (three layers and some intricate texturing) that will be used in the new splash screen.

Po~

so we’re getting a team together!

should we set up a max earth boom thread that just for our own use (if it is max v maya) which i think would be an interesting idea ive been using both for a while now and always seem to fall back to max as its more hands on and when it come to fast turnaround ie music promos (which are time limited) its fast.

hey it would be a great idea.though maya is advanced but we can achieve everything in max too.

so dont wait for getting it too late.
lets make a story and story board,assign small tasks to each member and start working now.
so that we can make required changes and submit a stunning FX reel bu the end of this challenge.

take care
darry

Name: Alejandro Sierra
Program: Blender
SKILLS: Earth science and modeling
[b]WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: modeling and lighting (need help on dynamics & FX)

Would anyone want to try this amazing opensource program?

[/b]

Just enter:

Name: Prahalad
Program: Maya
SKILLS: Modeling & Lighting
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: I want to be part of Maya team and to compete with Max team in my skills…challenge…!

If anybody is interested please join me and lets have fun…scooby dobe dooo…

Hi im afraid im going to have to bail ive just got a too much work to do! but good luck!

im rooting for max!

Name: Michael Nicholson

Program:__ LightWave3D 9.3.1, Sense 1985

SKILLS:__ Modeling, layout

WHAT YOU WANT TO DO:__ Modeling, Dynamics,Animation, Join a LW Group and kick u know what…Have a great day, back to the Work Flow…

Michael

Name:david thomas (Anixan_Skystalker)
Program:3dsmax, maya, zbrush
SKILLS:modelling, particle systems, dynamics
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: i dont mind!

Name:raphael holzinger
Program:maya,photoshop
SKILLS:modelling, dynamics, lightning
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: i can do everthing:) (hard-worker)

So, now what, do we have team assignments?

Mike
~Po

Name: SPACEY
Program: Lightwave
SKILLS: Concepting modeling animation
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: Post Apoclyptics

Name: Keith Kamholz
Program: Maya, Boujou (tracking), Fusion, want to play with Blastcode and Houdini
SKILLS: 3d generalist, specializing in rigging and technical direction/creative problem solving
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: A bit of everything, depending on the needs of the team. I’d like to concentrate on TD type work though.

I’ve got some cool ideas for this, and I’d really like to integrate it into a live-action shot, so if anyone wants me on their team, let me know! It’s best to drop me an email at contact-at-keithdigital.com.

Thanks!

Me too!

Name: Suztv
Program: 3DMax, AfterEffects
SKILLS: Particle Systems, Some Modeling, Post Production VFX and Motion Graphics
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO: Post work, composite footage and create a killer particle system that blows people away. I would especially like to create a few “explosions” where the tornado hits transformers or a gas line!

Name: Michael (mike) Viscione
Program: Maya/Mental Ray ( aftereffects mudbox realflow ect…)
SKILLS:lighitng/rendering ( i consider my self a bit of a generalist
[b]WHAT YOU WANT TO DO:Would love to light/render/composite a great peice of work. I dont mind doing other tasks also

Check out my website for some samples!
[/b]
www.mav3d.com

email is at viscionem@gmail.com

Thanks!

-Mike

NAME:XiaozheZhang
program:maya
SKILLS:DYNAMICS
WHAT YOU WANT TO DO:DYNAMICS