free material library for all

Update! Update! Update! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

knock knock…herro? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: mr. boo? whats up? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m glad you started this Boo. And a shout out to all of you who’ve been adding textures. A suggestion here. Could one of you explain in a small tutorial style thingy what each channel means in the material editor. I’d like to contribute some textures but at the moment I’m dumb when it comes to the editor. What does Specular do, what does Glossiness affect and how? Or link me to a really good resource.

PLEASE!

P.S. I am checking out the help files, but you guys know how good those are.

Has anyone had an idea to make a website around this? If I come with old news, then I mist that reply.

<-wants to see it when it’s done :slight_smile:

I’m sorry guys, I’ve been super busy at work. I’ll try and update with all the latest materials I’ve recieved soon.

here’s my contribution. It’s a material for a toothbrush commercial.
Matlib was created in Max4.2. (no plugins)

VisualBoo, I finally got through. Now where can I download the goodies?

thanks in advance.

Prr scratch, pruttel, kloenk:insane:

I have to do something about my english, O well, I’m busy with an animation. There will be some of me here.

Good luck, I gonna link ya on my community :wink:

Anybody going to add some maxshade shaders? I’m still getting my head around scripting them!

I have some stuff I did in Brazil…but I’ll be making a set avaible on my site soon (Need to work on remaking it thouhg)

I’ll let you guys know when it’s ready :slight_smile:

grrrrrrr…update! or taste my nasty teeth! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the materals Visualboo
helpful
:wink:

I´m quite new to the 3D-scene (and this forum) and i´m currently trying to learn 3Ds MAX. Learning materials is, as you probably know, time consuming if you don´t have any references, so getting those from you guys will help me alot! Thx! :thumbsup:

visualasylum: heeey, that’s one sexy name ya got there. :wink: Thanks for the material btw.

3ddy: link my site? Thanks, but remember if you do to link to my home page. www.visualboo.com. no direct links.

erilaz: I haven’t recieved any yet but if the demand was there and people were sending them in I would host them.

Viper: oooo… competition. I see how it is. :wink:

3dsmax5:
:wip:
:annoyed:

Kaiser: Anytime… and sorry btw, it’s been a while since I’ve updated.

Cronium: Try and get your hands on all the materials you can and then reverse engineer them so you can see whats going on and how they work. Good luck. btw… 3d in general is time consuming :wink:

Take care guys

have you updated the materials since oct. 6?

Hey everbody. this thread Is the Best Idea. The Materials are really useful to n00bs like me and all I can say is …We need More:p. And Yes I am new, and also yes I want to become the best 3d modeller in the world…:rolleyes:

Hey visualboo I got a little program that I have thrown together and I would like you to take a look at it. I dont know if I sould post the link or not but here it is anyway. To run it requires the visual basic runtime files. But other then that is all you have to do is install.

www.geocities.com/jscott3d/Mat_Browser_Setup.zip
or
jscott3d.netfirms.com/Mat_Browser_Setup.zip

Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions please ask.

If anyone else has downloaded it I would like to know what you think.

Originally posted by FatAssasin
[B]I have a bunch of materials I’ve made, just as experiments. You’re free to download the .mat file and do what you will with it.

http://jhaywood.com/pixels/models.htm

The link is at the bottom of the page. [/B]

i couldnt see your materials,

if you click on the material types button on the top it wil give you a list of things. The program is still in testing so any bugs would be great to know about