Evilsquid #DrawDecember Sketchbook thread

Day 8: Portrait Study…

Good studies.

Day 9: The Alechemist… found a cool reference photo from deviantart so I decided to study how the light of the crystal illuminates… didnt have a lot of time today… this was a 15m sketch… just soft vine charcoal in Painter.

Day 8 is amazing! Loved that portrait study

Day10: Gone Fishin… so I wasn’t at my computer yesterday, but I had my sketchbook and my rotring ArtPen and did a no pencil ink sketch… thus, its messy and off in proportion… but it was fun and I learned a lot…

I don’t see all the problems you see… Actually, I think this is my favourite ! :thumbsup:
Very good drawing, so good that it makes me want to pick up a pencil and do one !

Thanks for the kind words everyone… the one thing II’m trying to do with this challenge is not just try to keep up with a drawing every day (which can be difficult in and of itself). but each day I’m challenging myself by doing something I know I struggle with… my drawing yesterday was a challenge in mark making… using only pen, so that each time i made a mark, it was something I couldn’t erase… so it forced me to study and observe the subject (in school we call it “direct drawing”… aka no construction or massing in)… I want to make sure that even if i don’t win (which the odds are against), I want to come away with this with better skills and experience… which to me is more important anyway…

Thanks again, everyone… its a real pleasure doing this.

Day 11: Free Draw - Fantasy Character… so my challenge here was to draw for an hour without reference and without a plan… doing everything from memory… so this was a bit inspired by Frazetta… it is what it is… .:smiley:

Day 11: Male figure study… mostly the back… did a few gesture drawings and then this study… eh… wasnt feeling it tonight I guess…

I like your rough sketch for day 11, it’s a neat composition! Nice study of the make form, too. Drawing a figure from the back is always challenging but you have a very good foundation starting. Keep it up :slight_smile:

Day 13: Self Expression Facial Studies… got home and ready to draw on my PC and noticed Windows had updated…
which consequently screwed up my drivers for my Intuos 3 which made it where my cursor was nowhere NEAR where it should have been on the screen… uninstalled 3 times to no avail… ended up using my phone camera and sketchbook to do some facial studies of myself…I exaggerated a little as well… gave myself my old bushy beard lol… but this was fun enough while I reinstalled windows…

Day 14: Pinup… this is a drawing I’ve wanted to do for a long time… probably gonna save this for a future painting session.