Eon (Illustration) Entry: Remko Troost

Great progress Remko, I like alot the mood you have obtained.

Wish you a great continuation on this picture :thumbsup:

good Impact! i like it!:applause: cant wait u finish this illus.:scream:

Heya Okmer,
That is definately looking very good! Awesome atmosphere. Keep going…

impressive work… great concept, awsome detaling …keep it up man, WELL DONE

hey remko

looks really good so far ! i like the design and overall feel you have going on

keep it up

I really like the sense of scale in this - and the palette is nice in its simplicity. Very good feel and atmosphere already - well done and looking forward to more!

lol, just spaming a bit ^^ UUUUUUUPDAAAAAATE! :bounce::bounce::bounce: go go go mate!

yopp,thank you so much for your nice comments, i really appreciat very much!!!

Like christmas and new year are getting closer and closer more and more commisions are coming in and so time just isn’t by my side.:banghead:

I really really hope i can finish this time and i’ll do everything to do so!!!
It’s so much fun!

thumbs up to you all!respect!

Waiting for updates Homey :bounce:

stunning images, I would love to see more.

hey buddy! :eek: where is u man?? :eek: its been so long :eek:

Side by Side comparisons So that you know who is doing

what in the illustration category of the eon challenge only.

Classifier followed by artists.

: Strong/Beautiful Foreground Potraits with EON elements in the background.

Movie Posters theme.

Characters in dramatic poses.

Characters have detailed skin,muscle and skeletal structures.

Marco Alejandro Castelan Morales

John Streider

Radu Bogdan Boeru

Tiberius Viris

Sacha angel diener

Niklas Frostgard

Michael van den bosch

sandra bott

michael dashow

nabil hamadi

alwyn talbot

timur kiryashov

damir g martin

Nathan L Bachelder

Daniel lu visi

Maurizio Manzieri

dale thomas

ego lataire

rune rask

guo jian

hugo araujo

: massive architectures,detailed cityscapes,plasma tubes,huge eon elements viewed in the distance in the style of grand space opera with miniscule,faceless,diminutive men ,women and all terrain machines reacting and responding to the environment.

Tiberius Virius

remko troost

tolgahan gungor

torsten wolber

nathaniel west

ramy badie

bryce smith

martin nielsen

emrah elmasli

mauricio alvarado kladt

prabath wijayantha

maciej frolow

nilesh ambekar

constantinos krystallis

greg kaperski

adrian fekete

reinaldoromero

marcin j. nikiforuk

james nelms

maurizio manzieri

jarek sznytzer

Derek wilson

Nazirull Safry Paijo

Daniel justin bird

dale thomas

erik linden

rune rask

david freeman

ori arad

markus graf

ali jalali

raffy encarnacion

alex kelly

: air ,sea atmosperics featuring natural elements of islands,skies blend into a grand sense of scale.Includes Tree elements.Gaia oriented.Mountain views and Spectacular chamber vistas. Sky atmospherics

adrian baluta

gonzalo golpe

gunilla elam

jonathan colvin

guo jian

oscar jostedt

brian Slayton

: party scene with the character interacting and gossiping

Parties gathered at gate opening

Radu Bogdan Boeru

nekomouse

: wonderful sense of humor even black humor and caricature

Torsten Wolber

per trystad

mark david

: action packed conflict with eon elements in the backdrop and lots of machines,ships,cities and soldiers

thierry schiel

paul hume

: entire cities,planetary bodies,asteroids,weather systems,gates,singularities,flawships and space vehicles in awe inspiring perspectives with large scale explosions.Ships have beautiful designs.Space Atmospherics.

Dmitri G Michniouk

sacha angel

neville de souza

prabath wijayantha

greg kaperski

mona eriksson

attilla kurt

vladimir davidenko

paul b castillo

juha kamarainen

mauricio alvarado kladt

joel carlo

shawn andrews

matt benya

Derek Wilson

blaz porenta

oscar jostedt

pavel elagin

: detailed explanatory tutorials

sacha angel

matt benya

Heee,whoooa, that was some hell of a month(november) So much work for christmas and new year communications.
TUrned for some times 20hours a day or even white nights,7 days a week so I’m really sorry guys that I really couldn’t comment on all your beautiful works and ideas.
Ok stop, didn’ t came here to complain!

Just to say, that even if december will also be quit full, i’ll proberly find some more time to get on with my pic, and I’m so happy about that, because it’s so cool down here!
Had to say that!

Maybe it’s even better as I can get on with my pic with a new fresh regard.
I’m impatient!!!
Later friends!

May the force be with you all!!!:beer: :beer: :bowdown: :beer:

Hope you can come back on doing this coz its gorgeous. I read through the pages and see no mention of any particular place in the book that youre doing.

Personally i think its Alexanderia showing the upright chandelier, although i cant remember reading about beams coming down from the tip of it and hitting someone, this is greg bear’s Eon-inspired work! So you really dont have to be so faithful to the book!:scream:

Full of potential. quite reminds me of the scene where Luke is stuck under the tip of the Cloud city…what a scene that was. :thumbsup:

Seeing the fantastic quality of your work so far I’m not the least bit surprised that you’ve got all those commissions. Good luck getting through it all. I’d love to see you finish this

May the force be with you my friend also see you back

Yea, brilliant work on the lineart. i thought of alexandria aswell, though not entirely accurate, this is one of the more ethereal pieces i’ve seen yet. Tis very nice work!. great sense of atmosphere!

Marley

remko,

i hope you´ll find the time to work on this one…it´s worth it.

best wishes
fahrija

btw. > i remember during the gso challenge your child was born - must be in the beginning of december. happy birthday…time is running fast.

Wha,haaa, that’s really lovely Fahrija!!!And you don’t even know how right you were when you wrote those words.You wrote them on her birthday!!!
ha,ha 2 years on the 6th of december.Yesss,time flys.Wanted to anser the same day but I couldn’t.
Anyway thx mate
:beer:

Yoop, that has been a while since i came back on this image, and it’s so cool to come back on it with a totally fresh view on it.A lot of things has gone through my head eversince i stopped working on it.

So fiinally I came back to my old outlines and erased them.Finaly I didn’t really like them.

I would like to obtain a more pattern feel in the this building.
So I restarted and tried a bit more 1/2 rounded traces and a bit of indian/Persian/Art nouveau decorations proberly.

What I did as my image is quit big, is to flatten all the image, then resave it with another name and put 2 layers above the background.
1 for my light and shadow tones and 1 for my outlines.
Then I switch a lot between of them and pull out my shapes as I feel them and sometimes, I discover formes in my scribbles and color changements.

THis is how Ill slowly build it up.

Still a lot to do…aaarghhhh.

I’ll proberly meet Santa this year as he passes by in the night.With this deadline I’ll proberly won’t be sleeping.hi,hi.I’ll try to take a picture of him guys, promised!

:beer:
(and another one)