Eon (Illustration) Entry: Raine Kuusi

very nice! the colors really set the mood in this one!! good luck with the final render!! :slight_smile:

-Eon Link-
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?postid=4109615

Hey Ranath I dont think you need eon text anywhere in the final piece… This is looking great by the way, best of luck finishing!:slight_smile:

Nice atmosphere on this. Keep polishing for as long as you can!
And no, nowhere in teh rules does it say you have to have the word ‘Eon’ or any other words in your image.

-mike

HFIx, thanks!

Nathan - thanks for the information! Good luck to you too if you’re entering

walrus - thanks to you too for the info, knowing that will help a lot cos I don’t have to worry about layouts or anything. I’m starting over now and will probably work this week straight without any sleep to get it done… but man’s gotta do what a man gotta do or something, right ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I think the lesson is “A man’s got to start a little earlier for a three and a half month long Challenge,” but hey, whatever works for you! :thumbsup:

-mike

believe me, this works for me fine - tested at school so many times :smiley:

wow!!
I really like the deepness and the light in the cave.
awsome work.

good luck!

this is my new concept sketch, I think it’s better than what I had before. More simple one. I’m also trying to get there some color because the 5th chamber was supposed to be place of minerals that shone in rainbow colors and black…

Here I added details, I’m not sure about how the characters should be placed and whether they should carry torches, so I’m not focusing on them yet. I tried to really get the rainbow colors here without making this look like jungle. I think it does a bit, more polished black obsidian look to the walls, perhaps? Oh, and not even thinking about EON related symbols :S

The colors in your last post are amazing! and the texture really brings the shapes to life.
Very moody image. I don´t think you have to bother that much of the placement of the figures since the rockformations alone defines the composition.

The fifth chamber is the one with the , rainbow colored hematite, black obsidian, arches, twisted type causeways , pyramids, quick silver rivers , rust colored valleys and waterfalls?

Not sure if that is the fifth, anyway I would love to see someone do justice to that chamber.

Here is a link to a reference photo of rainbow hematite

bleh dont’ know how to get rid of the blue,( edit: I meant the blue on the link , but I see it posted as white) anyway hope it helps a bit, good luck the sketch is looking great :slight_smile:

Hi Raine,

Nice composition and lighting. The textures are starting to surface as well, so keep up the goodwork really cant wait to see your next update mate!:slight_smile:

raffy

[thread=415081]my EON entry[/thread]

[thread=444055]The Mercenary[/thread]

dude i hope u stick with this concept :eek: this is simply mindblowing! :eek:

the mood … colour … lighting … depth … good grief! theres so much! :eek:

everything rocks buddy! :buttrock: pls finish this ASAP mate … theres 10 days left :cry:

i really wanna c this complete! :bounce: :love: amazing work ma friend!

good luck as always! :thumbsup:

god bless!

norberg - thanks, I was really more concerned about what the characters would be doing down there… :wink:

Ivy00 - that’s too bad if you think my concept doesn’t do justice to the 5th chamber. I do my best but apparently I’m still quite far from it - I thought I had gotten it all apart from the pyramids which I don’t really see what they would be doing down there so I left them out :frowning:

idyeaah - thanks - I’ll try to get updates as soon as possible!

nwiz25 - wow man, thanks!! 10 is enough :wink: it’s luxury, even. At school we have always 2 days or something for our works… and I always do them the last night :smiley:

Ivy00 - that’s too bad if you think my concept doesn’t do justice to the 5th chamber.

Raine, knowing Linda, and as I read her post I think that what she meant is that she is happy that someone is painting the fifth chamber (the one with the minerals), given that (as far as I recall at least) yours is the only ‘in progress’ work on that specific subject… (having to communicate in a foreign language adds to the difficulty of the challenge, IMHO).

I just wish to add that this one is way my favored of your concept for the chamber, I can’t wait to see your final :thumbsup:

Ivy00 - that’s too bad if you think my concept doesn’t do justice to the 5th chamber. I do my best but apparently I’m still quite far from it - I thought I had gotten it all apart from the pyramids which I don’t really see what they would be doing down there so I left them out :frowning:

To repeat what Thaldir said, I am GLAD to see someone doing the 5th chamber. My post was not meant to be critical to you. I was fascinated when I read about the 5th chamber in the book and am GLAD to see someone taking it on.

I tried to really get the rainbow colors here without making this look like jungle.

The image I posted for you as reference was only because in an earlier post you stated you were having a bit of trouble with the rainbow hematite.

I am sorry if I offended you in some way by my post and tried to be helpful by posting a reference image.

Very nice concept :slight_smile: !

I like very much the composition, colour scheme and mood! I hope it will end up in a beautiful image.

Sasha
EON

oh, not at all, not offended at all. But thanks for clearing it up, I still try to improve the storytelling here anyway.

musi - thanks… trying to work on it tonight.

Ok so I put some details to the background and changed the design a bit. Now I’m starting on the characters. Time is on my side.

wow, the deadline day. I’ll need to get to work!