Eon (Illustration) Entry: Nathaniel West

I like your artwork they have a high quality feel about
them even at this early sketching stage.Message me if you
want an update of the list and the reasons for the list given
to grin3d.Please Please do a tutorial on how you do the early sketches.:slight_smile:

I´m a great fan of your scetches… and i can´t wait to see more or better the final image of you!..

I really like the atmosphere of this and it’s got a great feeling of size and distance. Keep going! :slight_smile:

Here’s the image, but a bit more refined. I’ve begun adding a hint of the curved chamber walls to the background, but I may actually put this whole image aside and begin anew with a different view and entirely different lighting scenario. More to come soon…

Looking excellent.:applause:
Good luck. :smiley:

The details are sitting in quite well with the large structures.The composition is well balenced.Good approach.

Cheers!

your images are a source of inspiration… i love ur work :wise:

Great job! You’ve worked your atmospheric perspective perfectly and there is an easy flowing visual path that makes the image appealing. The only thing I can think of would be to add some sort of visual pay off where that “path” ends. :slight_smile:

Hi there Nathaniel,

Good to see you again and as usual some very powerful images :slight_smile:

Seems alot of us are using 3D as a tool to set our seens up…:thumbsup:

Cheers
Mark

Nathaniel, this is gorgeous. Grand. Love it!

It looks awesome man!:slight_smile: I like it so much , keep working!

A whole new image to begin? well, its nothing wrong with this one :slight_smile: I supose u meant to make every chamber the same? When I take a fast view over the whole piece, I though it would be much more interesting to make all of those mushrooms different on top. I dont know if that is ok with the original story (I didnt read it yet) but I think it would be a nice touch to a whole image. Other than that very nice start as always. Keep the great work coming!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I haven’t had a chance to work on this for awhile now, what with the holidays and work schedule and such. I have been thinking a bit about it though, and I think I will still change this image completely. In the description of the city, it is described as Los Angeles on a clear day, but I just don’t see that lighting scenario from a plasma tube, and to be honest, that just doesn’t sound as fun as using a hazy sky to indicate the vastness of the chamber. So I think I will probably pick a different angle, and really showcase the details of one of those big structures. I might warm up the scene a bit too. Hey, and I might play around with changing the structures a bit Ninja! My original plan was to put buildings up on top of each one, but maybe they each hold some sort of power source? We’ll see what comes up. Thanks again!

Nathaniel

hey buddy! wishing u and ur family a very merry christmas! :bounce: :love:
http://nwiz25.cgsociety.org/gallery/444492/

cheers! :beer:

> man! this sure is one helluva refinement! :eek: the haze is spellbinding! … plus … gotta love those lights on da structures n all! draws attention very quickly! :smiley: nice work mate!

BEAUTIFULL!! not sure if i have any crits here. Your color and lighting are realy great. awsome pallete.

:thumbsup:

Hey Nathaniel your latest looks really good, I’d stick with it but good luck with whichever concept you go for, and have fun!

this one looks incredibly nice man… good luck… no comments from me…

This is one of my favorate enteries here! Hope you Finish it off! I realy want to see it completed!! :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Nwiz, thank you, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well!

I’m hoping to get to this image in the next week or so if I can get some of my work commitments out of the way! More to come soon…

Very nice concept man…I like it very much…It’s very similar with the story…Good Luck!!!