Eon (Illustration) Entry: Nathaniel West

m lost for words :bowdown:

u rock man!! good luck for the challenge dude!

cheers! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow…so many nice comments! Thank you so much everyone for the kind words. I was thinking maybe of going with a darker scene…maybe a little later on today. I think one chapter had something like fire moving across the sky. That sounds really fun, so maybe that one…So many great scenes to choose from, how are we all going to decide! Thanks again everyone!

Hey, nathaniel! Nice start! Again good luck!:thumbsup:

I’m a beginner in computer graphics and I’m impressed by your paints so I can waiting for a good final picture. hihi

I think i’ll ask you some advices soon.

have the best luck !

Great concept and painting.

exellent work…looking forward to see future work on this …:slight_smile:

Thank you everyone, and stoiik, if you have any questions, please ask away! That’s what these challenges are for!

hey really great and moody sketch!Love the soft tones!

really nice colours and concept nathaniel

keep going :thumbsup:

Here’s my next mood piece for the Second Chamber. I know these domed things weren’t in the description, but I added them in just for fun. Which concept do you like better so far? More to come soon…

this one rocks big time buddy! :eek: fabulous use of colour and depth! love it so much man!

cheers dude! n good luck! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Nathaniel lot of potencial on that sketch, ill be looking forward for your entry. Keep it up

All I can say is wow. This is one of the best concepts I’ve seen here yet, I can’t wait to see how you execute this. Incredible work, keep this up, I love everything about it!

that concept sketch looks awesome! I’ve been wanting to do chamber 2 also, but from what I’ve read till now I can’t really picture it in my mind…

Really great sketch Nathaniel!!!Some kind of stormy sky behind there could be cool.Nice depht and really cool towers out there!!!
looking forward fot the upcoming!!!Cheers

Nice work so far, Nathaniel. i like the second even more than te first, maybe just ebcause it’s fleshed out a bit more. The framing in it is nice too. Neither one really conveys being in a cylindical world yet. Even just seeing the plasma tube in the background of #2 might be a fun concession to mkae. It would be nice to see some future sketches try to integrate that aspect of the source material. But hey, keep 'em coming! :slight_smile:

-mike

Man I love visiting the challenge thread. Images like this are inspirational, even in the blocking phase. Excellent work!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Walrus–I agree, it’s definitely straying from the text so far. I’m more concerning myself with moods and getting a feeling for the overall narrative, and will begin being more true to the text as I get further towards a final direction. I got really intrigued by the idea of those big chandelier shapes in the description and got carried away! Thank you for the comments, and I look forward to your thoughts as the images progress. Thanks again!

Nathaniel

holy schnapps batman!

i like the earlier versions of your concepts but all round they all kick ass.

Very nice! I like it, a lot.