Eon (Illustration) Entry: Marek Okon

Marek Okon is entered in the “Eon Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

!!!>>> SOMETHING WENT WRONG :smiley: FINAL IMAGE HERE <<<!!!

Latest Update: Final Image: eon : homecoming

Playing with eon logotype - im gonna use it in movie poster production and maybe later on in the trailer…

Witam,

Great start Marek, thats a nice idea to begin with the logo as a warm`up :thumbsup:

Good luck and have fun :bounce:

I like the logo, welcome to the challenge :thumbsup:

i

love

this

:love:

[left]

dont kno wat more can i say dude! :open_mouth:

wishing you the very best of luck!

cheers dude! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/left]

glad youre here bro, cant wait to see what you come up with =)

Great logo… nuclear winter begins!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hello and welcome :wink: nice to see you here.
:bounce:
Good luck

Looks cool. nice work man

Love the logo! Has that nice/slick sci-fi feel.

Good luck! Can’t wait to see how this progresses.

~M

very cool logo :slight_smile:

It is a great idea! Your logo is concise and attractive enough to promote a hipotetical movie.

Regards.

great logo idea, just the right amount of nuclear devastation for a view from outer space!

Cool idea for a start :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OmeN2501]Marek Okon is entered in the “Eon Challenge” update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Art: Eon - logotype
[/Looks like a movie poster to me! And a very good one, too. Thanks, Marek!]

Just a very quick composition sketch. i was trying to capture as much of books mood as i was able, and so we have future technology and journey and longing for home… I guess :stuck_out_tongue: In upper part Axis city accelerating to meet plasma front in far end of a tunnel; below Patricia and ghost of Liner just before she enter the Gate (blueish thing at the bottom).
As I said just a quickie to know where I want things to be. I’m not a fan of central composition but in this case I think its nicely emphasise scene size

Please Do comment! I’m still not sure if I should go this way

Well, I really like it! Great motion, nice color contrast, and it balances the large scale with the personal really well. I say go for it! I’m not sure what I think of the engines on the back of the city: On one hand, in the book, it din’t have them, i don’t think: I was under the impression that all fo the moving down the flaw was based on complex interections with the flaw’s unique gravitational effects. On the other hand, the engines, while maybe not accurate, really give that feeling of moving forward/downwards that you’re looking for. So maybe it’s best to keep them, but I just was thinking about that a bit.
Anyhow, hope you’ll develop this further… good luck!

-mike

Thank u Walrus for reminding me of that. I used engines to create a feeling that city above is moving really really fast, I don’t think that would be possible to show just by drawing flaw getting thicker and burn up (just like in the book). Thou Ill think about showing this in a different way

And here is another take on the same subject - this one is more dynamic but less spectacular… I guess… What do you think?

Myself, I have a slight preference for the second-to-last one, the symmetrical one. First, I really like the contrast of the forground and the background, all the blue light that opening the gate is causing. Secondly, I think the way you’ve positioned the charcter(s) in that one, it seems like we would be looking at their front view, not their backs. That’s really the big difference for me… well, NOT all that big, really, they’re both nice.
Just my thoughts on it… :slight_smile:

-mike

The latest one with the characters to the right seems to have more emotion in it, but I like the contrast in the more symmetrical one (the changes from blue to orange to red display alot of great contrast). The composition on the latest drawing also seems stronger, but I like the character silohuette from the symmetrical one more. So it really seems like combining the two would be the best in my opinion.