EDIT! Uploading Images to the CGP Gallery WILL NOT START a CGTalk Gallery Thread

Originally posted by womanonfire: the first image i submitted i actually WANTED to go into the gallery. I’ve been waiting all day and its just been sitting in limbo. Or is that what happens when its been rejected?? :wink:
Then a minute ago I was just trying to upload into my portfolio… I was very careful to uncheck the CGgallery option… but it still has been sent for moderation.

Hmm, I don’t see your post in the validation queue, so either it was rejected or possibly never showed up there. Yeah, I’ve emailed Anton about the problem, understand that they’re in a different time zone :wink: so will address things as soon as possible I’m sure. :slight_smile:

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rebecca

I get this answer becca
vBulletin Message Agamemnwn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

[ol]
[li]Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?[/li]> [li]If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.[/li]
[/ol]Yeah, you’re getting that because it’s going into an admin only area. I wouldn’t worry about it for now, as the long and short of it is, the thread is not being created in the CGTalk Gallery. :wink:

lovely thank you becca :smiley:

No prob Aggs. :slight_smile:

okay, thats the same message i get. so its not in the queue and its not in my portfolio. its in… LIMBO 0.0
that’s alright… this means i should just give up trying to upload till this is fixed. i’m finding this CGPortfolio stuff all very distractive anyway (i should be working!), so maybe its for the best :slight_smile:

Wait, are you saying she can delete images in the gallery?
Do we give her a link and an explanation to why we want it deleted and she will just delete it?.. even if the reason is stupid/not likely to sound valid?
I got an old one that is “sort of” preventing me of trying out CGPortfolios. Its mental… not a forum problem by the way.

LadyM,

If you send me the links of the threads that accidentally got posted to the CGTalk Gallery (which you don’t want there), I’ll ask someone to delete them. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebecca

Every time you upload an image to the CGPortfolio Gallery, and you DON’T want your image to be submitted to the CGTalk Gallery, do the following:

Originally posted by LadyM: I got an old one that is “sort of” preventing me of trying out CGPortfolios. Its mental… not a forum problem by the way.

By the way, once you have uploaded your images to your CGP Gallery, you will have the option to make each one ‘visible’ or not. So basically you moderate your own CGP Gallery, you will not have to ask permission to add or remove files.

LOL, they should keep that arrow and bold blue font :smiley:

Heh, we keep you busy eh… :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Marlon: LOL, they should keep that arrow and bold blue font :smiley:

Heh, we keep you busy eh… :slight_smile:

At least it’s clear. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Lady M, your thread has been deleted per your request. :slight_smile:

YAY! :slight_smile:
Hands over chocolate and whatever candy you would what

Can’t it just be unchecked by default? I think that may be the best way… Since people can always go back and submit it to the CGTalk Gallery.

Also, why are my images hidden? It says I have 0 visible images and 2 hidden images in my gallery. Is that just because they are waiting to be validated?

sphere,

We’ll have to await the CGP guru’s arrival to answer the question re: the default unchecking thang. :slight_smile:

Re: visible images: once you upload an image, if you scroll to the bottom of the Manage Gallery page, there is a checkbox for something like “Make image visible in Gallery”. Check it. :slight_smile: Your images should hopefully then be visible in your Gallery.

Cheers,

~Rebecca

Oh cheers, thanks for that Rebecca! I just assumed that checking ‘show in gallery’ might add it to the CGTalk Gallery.

I think though it should be shown in the gallery by default however, just a preference.

Oh cheers, thanks for that Rebecca! I just assumed that checking ‘show in gallery’ might add it to the CGTalk Gallery.

Hehe, I think we’re all scared a bit that our work is going to somehow appear in the CGTalk Gallery. :smiley:

I think though it should be shown in the gallery by default however, just a preference.

We’ll wait for Australia to wake. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebecca

Hee. They all flee off to their beds, leaving Becca to hold the fort. Beat back the rampaging hordes, Becca! Beat them with a stick!

Lmao

++++

Hehe, well I’m up! All the others are just too slack :rolleyes:

Although I do wish I could’ve slept in today… oh so tired! :argh:

She knows taekwando (tae kwon do) you know… or was it tae kwon bur ger…