EDIT! Uploading Images to the CGP Gallery WILL NOT START a CGTalk Gallery Thread

EDIT: [size=2][color=White]Thanks to Anton, the option to submit your CGPortfolio image to the CGTalk Gallery is now [size=3][color=LemonChiffon]UNCHECKED by DEFAULT, meaning that you will not be submitting work to the CGTalk Gallery unless you want to. [/color][/size][/color][/size]

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Whoops…

:argh:

I guess I have to take 10 lashes and public beating now…

i tried unchecking the “Submit my image to the CGTalk Gallery” checkbox as i uploaded my images on the portfolio gallery but still i see in my usercp that the request has been send to put the images on the CGTalk Gallery

@SketchPad,

LOL.

For anyone whose work gets validated that they did not want in the CGTalk Gallery, please let me know if you want your threads to be deleted by posting here. :slight_smile:

@Aggie,

Do you want me to reject your submissions then? I promise to be nice. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

its not that beccalicious :smiley: i see now that i have an empty submission to the cgtalk gallery (att least with no proper name) and as i made mistake in the portfolio gallery and uploaded a differentimagefor a differentthumbnail i dont know it that has been transfered to the cgtalk gallery as well

@Rebeccak

Yes - please do!

I don´t want to pollute the cgtalk gallery threads with a huge ego-rush of images
(not that it´d actually be a ego-rush, probably more like public humiliation) so…yes
by all means - hit that shred-to-kill button.

@Aggie,

I don’t see any of your work in the queue, so I think you’re ok. :slight_smile:

@SketchPad,

Np. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Yes, reject mine, reject mine :bounce::bounce: !
You don’t have to be nice :smiley:

I really thought I unchecked than darn box…

Its weird seeing an image I made in the gallery… :twisted:

@Marlon,

Really you want your work rejected? BTW I haven’t come across any of yours yet. :slight_smile:

@mummey,

LOL I think it’s kind of cool to see it there. :slight_smile:

It would be nice to have that box Unchecked by default. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be nice to have that box Unchecked by default. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I emailed Antrent about that. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

err, yep… :smiley: I used I low res image to test things.
I replaced it with a higher res image, we’ll see how it turns out if it gets through :shrug:

Originally posted by Marlon: err, yep… :smiley: I used I low res image to test things.
I replaced it with a higher res image, we’ll see how it turns out if it gets through :shrug:

Nothing of yours is in the queue, I would just double~check the Gallery, and if anything is there of yours that you don’t want to be, just let me know. :slight_smile:

BTW, I don’t moderate the Gallery so can’t delete the threads myself, but I can let Leigh know unless you want to do that directly. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

I unchecked it this time, I’m positive, and it happened again… a cgtalk gallery thread has been created :shrug: I see it on my userCP…

same happened to me as well marlon . thank god i am not alone in this . i have still the usercp info that i have 3 new submissions in the finished works by i cant get to them and becca says that i dont have anything in the queue to be uploaded in the finished works

Originally posted by Marlon: I unchecked it this time, I’m positive, and it happened again… a cgtalk gallery thread has been created :shrug: I see it on my userCP…

Yeah, the same thing happened to Aggie, however, I don’t think the actual THREAD exists in the Gallery ~ can you check and let me know? I’ll let Anton know about that problem, thanks! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Ok, I’ve emailed Anton.

Cheers,

~Sis

Aggie / Marlon, what happens if you follow the link that is in your User CP? I have the same thing for ‘rejected’ images (where I also unchecked the submit to CGTalk Gallery option), however I’m not taken to the Gallery but somewhere else where ‘rejected’ portfolio gallery images go to die. :slight_smile: I guess they have to go somewhere. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

~Rebecca

the first image i submitted i actually WANTED to go into the gallery. I’ve been waiting all day and its just been sitting in limbo. Or is that what happens when its been rejected?? :wink:
Then a minute ago I was just trying to upload into my portfolio… I was very careful to uncheck the CGgallery option… but it still has been sent for moderation.

When I follow the links in my UserCP it just tells me I don’t have “permission” to view the threads" …hmmmm?

I know you guys are looking into getting that option uncheckd by default but maybe you should also look into making a way for us to take back our submissions if there is a mistake?

I get this answer becca

vBulletin Message Agamemnwn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

[ol]
[li]Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else’s post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?[/li]> [li]If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.[/li]> [/ol]