Dark Anakin, Nicolas Villeminot (2D)

Title: Dark Anakin
Name: Nicolas Villeminot
Software: Photoshop

This is a digital illustration for a star wars contest, i made it using photoshop and 3 different photo references. The pic was made directly in photoshop without making any sketch.
Comments and critics are welcome :wink:

This is right work for me! (watch my signed)

Fantastic work, I like composition with two sun ( it remind me Tatooine).
Padme and Obi looks grat, Anakin is quite strange.
I like this image is Fantastic.

4 stars:buttrock:

nice! 4 stars for me.

Wonderful! No real crit here, except for one thing:

I question your choice to stray from your monocromatic color scheme by adding yellow into the sun on the right, a yellow hue that really appears only there in the image

I would consider removing it. Doing this would help elongate the composition vertically, making Anakin a bit more towering. . Also, perhaps add a bit of a very bright blue-white (like in the saber) on to the edge of the top sun (just a small bit).

Again, simply awesome work.

stroke is a bit cumbersome, however, this a real nice paint style that you have. Also natilie looks a tad chubby, but its real good otherwise

this needs to be on the frontpage…excellent job…very dedicated feel…

very nice work nicolas. i like that

seccad: Thanks !

cha0t1c1: The front page ?! … hum well thanks !

OptimusDinkus: Thanks, yes i had already such commentaries about Natalie, but my pic is not so far from the original photo, i think i’ve made her mouth a little bit too small that makes her a bit “chubby” as you say :wink:

Moonlit Matt: Thanks ! … i understand your point of view, the yellow is there to not have a full monochromatic background, also your idea of adding a bit of blue in the glow of the sun might be good :wink:

Eidan: Well thanks !!

rawwad: Thanks !! Yes the 2 suns are the ones from Tatooine :wink: … and for Anakin i don’t know, … but i’ve just looked at the original photo and yes he’s different from it :wink:

Excellent.

wow nice, you must be inspired from the starwars movie :slight_smile:
nice work :thumbsup:

Exellent work Nicolai. I like that…
And its now my backroung on my computer :slight_smile:
Always I like Star Wars

love it :smiley:

Splendid, of the very beautiful work

I think the likeness of Anakin isn’t working quite yet. His nose looks too bulbous I think. The other two likenesses are spot on.

obi-wan and anakin look great, but i must point out that your padme doesnt really look like her.
and since natalie portman is so beautiful, it doesnt really do her justice. she looks a little masculine. but other than that, it looks pretty good.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.