Compose ???

hi all !
I’ve animated this walk cycle of a character ( it is walk in place )
which needs to be prolonged, stretched or whatever…so that the character can walk in perspective all across the grid…

and…I planned to use the compose options for that cause they seem like a really handy options…that save a lot of time…so…
I started J.C tut for COMPOSE part…and everything was kinda ok…until I hit the problem…

it seems to me…that everything he does is under some strange spell or something…cause…I never got anything right on this tutorials…

THE PROBLEM that occurs is in the part where I’m supposed to cut my animation ( and I did that ) into a clip…and then stretch the out point in timeline…to…let say some higher number…and…then stretch the clip so it fits to in and out points…and…then…under the instance block there is REPEAT OPTION that is soooo not functioning for me…and that’s because…I’m supposed to type a larger number ( number is basically how many times will my clip repeat itself)
into the bracket and when i do that…my CHARACTER is repaeting the action ONLY once so…the whole thing looks stupid…and slow…and my given command to repeat does not affect my animation and the whole thing is kinda ridiculous because I followed J.C. step by step…and…it just won’t work…:frowning:

is there anything I need to know about this COMPOSE before getting all hyped for nothing ???

THANK YOU ALL !

I’m losing it…I just can’t find solution for that…I’ve tried everything…and NO results…

it still won’t repeat…

DO i need to switch something…or turn something ON or OFF for that ???..
I’ve tried doing the same things with the SCENE that is provided by the J.C. and it shows no results as well…
I’m BLANK…

please…SOMEONE…help ! :(((((

I don’t know how it goes in the tutorial, but the way to set up a compose clip of your animation is:

In the tracks tab, select:
-source: current group
-channel: all channels
-Animation w auto track create
-All keys or range depending on what you’ve done
-local keys

Hit record->copy

You should not have the clip in the track editor.
See the little red thing on the top right of that?
drag it out with the left mouse button to set how long you want the clip to be
drag it out with the RIGHT mouse buttn to set the amount time it repeats (this should show you a darker area after the first clip and then lines where the repeats are.

If you want the repeats to have a different end value, such as accumulating instead of repeating, change the blue wavy thing next to the clip in the list on the left.

If you still have trouble after that, try it with something simple first and just try repeating the steps exactly as I described them now.

You can also key the time channel

Ulven…THANK YOU m8 ! :wink: you are big helper :slight_smile:
the BIG problem was that in the actual tutorial J.C is not mentioning anything about the right or left m button…and…these are the crucial things for me here…uhm…
I’ve followed your process and it works perfectly…and…now when I stretch the out point…to some frame…( the number of the frame is not important ) it automatically plans all the repeats that can fit into chosen time by IN and OUT points.

the repeat function under the instance bracket is still not functioning at all…I’ve tried it again…and it looks like that I just can’t get the character to walk slower…or faster…according to the number of the repeats I’ve laid into the bracket…

J.C is showing this element in tutorial and it’s really cool thing…and…what that basically do is enhance the rhythm of movement…speeds it or slows it but still keeps it clean…

…thank you m8 once again…:slight_smile:

but…that’s not it…how could it be…:frowning:
I’ve followed everything and still…something is gone really bad…
another problem while I was test_animating…

concerning HUGE and UGLY deformation of the rigg itself…
I’m not quite sure how to explain that…so I’m posting a scene for you all…

always…something needs to be in a way…huuuh…

sry…I’m depressed :frowning:

:cry:

p.s.
I’ve stretched the IN and OUT points for better understanding of problem…

You’ve animated the first step WAY longer than the second one. They have to be exactly the same to accumulate properly, that is, the length of a step on Z has to be the same for both feet, and the root control has to be the same as well.

Or you could just buy walker on our site :slight_smile:

not so bad idea…:)…i will consider it seriously…cause…this is giving me a headache…:slight_smile:
…hm…I’ll try to fix that immediately…

sht…still same…:frowning:

can u show me in improv scene…root hierarchy…and…distances ?

if it’s not a big problem…I can understand scene better…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.