CgTalk Daily Sketch 46 : "Some assembly required"

Today’s topic:

“Some assembly required” inspired by ILikeSoup
Posted July 20th 9:00 EST

Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.

We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.

These are the rules:

• Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
  • 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
  • They can be done on any medium.
  • If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
  • Only original compositions. No “tributes” o plagiarizing.
  • The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
  • The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
  • Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
  • Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
  • The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
    (The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
    *You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
  • Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.

Good luck

-Roberto
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
>>Link<<

Hi All
I am enjoying all the great work and ideas posted.
20 minute pen and coloured pencil/10 min PS

Here’s a quickie. 27 minutes, Photoshop and Mouse

1 hour/ pencil, paper, photoshop

Painter8/Wacom/20mins

why is is that on most of these daily sketched there are anti-bush ones? just wondering why he is always singled out? when there are many comical figures to make fun of in the US, and other governments

For example: Micheal Moore

Bush was recently rated the second most hated guy in the world among the youngers (the first one was Hittler) i think its a bit exagerated but still lets not turn this sketches into political arguments… this is supposed to be fun :slight_smile:

no political arguement please. I only had an hour on my lunch. It’s the only idea that popped into my head.:bounce:

After a week’s vacation in Punta Cana I’m back. I didn’t think I would have time with all the work I need to catch up on…but here’s a sketch anyways.

Sorry Goro…I know how you love them robots…but I beat ya to it! I’m sure yours will be much better anyways. :smiley:
1hr - PS

ps 20mins

i’ll try to do something a lil bit mpre elaborate later today…

PS/Wacom/7.5mins

1 Hour Photoshop, Trackball

most of my time was taken coloring…if only I had a wacom.

Some assembly required

Photoshop/Wacom/2 Hours.

This is what you get after some assembly!

DanaBuka: I like that style!
J_grieve: Funny ones, both of them!
Made in uterus: dont we all know the feeling
Downwrdspiral: Must be a hell of a job with a trackball. Nice job, what does it assemble into?

Its just a Logitech trackball.

It assembles into a robot…but dont ask me to put it together. :rolleyes:

Still learing with my new tablet :slight_smile:
I wanted to see if I could do a robot like Goro makes em, wannabee-Goro style :wink:
The Idea is that the engineer has ‘some’ work to do, repair a whole army of robots…
Those topic titels are great, it leaves a lot open for ur own imagination… Thanx for the fun!

2,5 hours - Photoshop

Supervlieg: Woah… amazing work, every topic…

2 hours, 40 min…:hmm:
Painter

art2: very clean look, i like!
Floriz: looks good!
Supervlieg: beautiful one again :slight_smile:
J_Grieve: hehehe :slight_smile:

Scanned pencil sketch (15 mins) and colored in photoshop (30 mins). Not very original but I hope you like it anyway :slight_smile:

DrumWhore: I really like the lighting.
Floriz: Nice excecution - The eyes give me the gibblies! :smiley:
Supervlieg: Cool! (I think he’s about to lose an eye to the smoke and fire :P)
Downward spiral: Your style reminds me of Captain Star… Quite original.
Made in Uterus: …Damn! I got the same idea… Well, Almost the same idea. I hope you don’t mind!
J_Grieve: Wow! what a mischievous expression! (I think she misheard the topic and DISassembled that rodent… or maybe she’s gonna reassemble it with a pigeon head :stuck_out_tongue: )
DanubaKa: Yours is nice too! Quite abstract…

Well, that said, here's mine. (about an hour or an hour and a half in PS, Graphire tablet)

[RoboKia](http://dmagexvii.50megs.com/RoboKia.html)

Edit: It seems i’m having a problem with image hosting… can you see it? If not, please tell me.

Either way, does anyone know of a reliable hosting site with outside liking allowed?

Thanks for your feedback,

DragonMage

Sorry to post this here, but it’s so freak!:

Check this (chinese?) forum:

http://www.cgforweb.com/dispbbs.asp?boardID=5&ID=382&page=1

and take a good look to their award! I saw some sketches from the daily sketch people floating around there in some banners. Maybe somebody who can read chinese could crawl inside and see what it is about?

Salut!

Sir Patroclo

edit: maybe that’s a good theme for a sketch, “bizarro Cg-Talk Daily Sketch” or “bizarro self-portraits” of how our equivalents of the chinese version would look like… :surprised … I apologize again to the mods and fellow sketchers for posting this here, but couldn’t think of a better place than the current sketch…