CgTalk Daily Sketch 313 "CGTALK"

“CGTALK”

[size=1][size=2]By[/size][/size]
[size=1][size=2]
Roberto Ortiz[/size][/size]

I tought, considering the frontpage message, that it would be appropiate.

and dont forget to provide topics and source images/video for the next: Matte Wars Forum Topic Suggestions

We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.

These are the rules:

• Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
  • RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
  • They can be done on any medium.
  • If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
  • Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
  • The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
  • The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
  • Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
  • Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
  • The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
    (The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
    *You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
  • Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.

Good luck

-Roberto
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
>>Link<<

I think we should all get CGTalk tattoos on our foreheads!

This is to illustrate my point:

That’s very good paperclip! Did you paint it? or did you add the tattoo? If you did, software time and tools please!:slight_smile:

I painted it, photoshop, about one and a half hours, played around with the colors, cropped some of it, then took a screenprint of CGTalk, cropped it so only the logo was visible, put it there as a multiply layer and all done :slight_smile:
It was fun! Thanks for the nice comment, it’s great to get feedback on things you do. I showed one of my brothers via msn messenger and he started laughing his head off :sad: . I do hope I don’t become bitter and twisted before my time :stuck_out_tongue: .

Well it’s a great piece! Looks like you’re catching onto the colours really well.:thumbsup:They add some realism and atmosphere.

Especially compared to my grotesque wee guy. I swear he happeed by accident, I was just trying a brush for sensitivity and I suddenly saw this guy staring at me.:shrug:
I’ll probably make another one though. 1,5(2 maybe) hours Painter IX and Wacom.

I think the little fella is cute…nifty touch, the way he’s carrying around the monitor with his hair. Wish I could do that! :smiley: Well…not really. My ‘happy lappy’ is heavy enough!

Poop! No more time to work on this, and i’m officially late to class.:shrug:
There was more to this image…entire head, computer keyboard, etc… but can’t finish, so i cropt everything! um…photoshop cs, wacom, like an hour
“I’m not adicted I can stop any time!” (ps. the words of the screen are reflected on the face, and this is a generic person, no ref used)

Painter, couple of hours.

Colour me pissed off. I was very happy with the way this was going, then Painter started repeatedly crashing whenever I got to the toes. Some of the colouring on the stuff coming out is not as good as it was the first time (or second, or third) as a result, and there’re some weird artifacts in there that shouldn’t be.

I used the topic as an excuse to make a logo

1/2hr / photoshop

I agree with everybody who attempted this topic…cuz right now:

1. I’m hungry
    2)I’m shedding tears (I have ‘homework’ to do:cry: …I have to get my website up and running now!)
  2. I have not the slightest idea how to create a piece with less than 1/2 an hour

Good work so…gotta run!:smiley:

1h10 min ps
(strange did take me axactly this time to do my sketch 3 times in a row now :eek:)

Its a guy buying more books then he can carry from a ballistic bookshop, just in case you dont get it. (my friend didn’t :D)

ok, heres mine

I drawed it, cool huh…

… I wish, I used a photo from the net then added all that vinyls, and stuff

PS + Mouse + Net = 20min max

Hiya guys and Gals,

Its interesting to see what people have come up with for this topic, To me this is a very valuable community.

I did this piece ( first thing I could think of )
Tree represents creativity blossoming with artwork, The web represents CGTalk and the world wide web. :thumbsup:

30min/wacom/PS7

What’s up with the wave of here? Maybe the ones left should make two or sommin’…

:surprised

Afraid it won’t live up to standards I guess?:shrug:

wow nice posts guys! havnt been here in a while…sooo half hour photoshop…

Thought I would do this one.

Hehe BUTTROCK! :buttrock: 30min/wacom/PS7

Illustrator cs - Time: honestly I dont know - this is my first Illustration image - I did alot of playing (holy jumpin’ I just had a deva vue!!!)

Hey element5, that’s PacMan :buttrock:

LOL… Dont tell anyone but its pacmans new gig…hehe

I love pacman…so addictive. Not as good as pong on the amiga though. We had a tennis game on the amiga, you had to use the up/down buttons on the keyboard to bounce the ball off the little blocks…then there was Goldenaxe, secret of monkey island and a game where there was a warrior type of fella in a forest, he had a tiny fairy for a guide. Can anyone remember the name of that one?
Also, a text game <YOU ARE IN A ROOM. ON THE RIGHT IS A WINDOW LOOKING OUT TO FIELDS. THERE IS A VIAL ON THE TABLE. THERE IS A DOOR TO YOUR LEFT.>… It drove me insane but it was so much fun!! Can’t remember the name of that one either.
I’ve stopped playing games as I got older, I really liked ‘grim fandago’ though. Role playing type of games set in worlds…that’s my favourite type. Anyone got any good suggestions??