CgTalk Daily Sketch 282 "love?"

"love? "

By
epiphany

and dont forget to provide topics and source images/video for the next: Matte Wars Forum Topic Suggestions

We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.

These are the rules:

• Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
  • RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
  • They can be done on any medium.
  • If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
  • Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
  • The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
  • The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
  • Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
  • Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
  • The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
    (The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
    *You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
  • Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.

Good luck

-Roberto
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
>>Link<<

flamin’!:bounce: another cool topic!!!

edit: isn’t it topic 282?

Very true, so many ideas went through my head as soon as i read it.

There’s gonna be some cool sketches.

Some strange idea, Photoshop, 20 min…

The question mark made me think of a lack of love, so a doodled the face of a person who receives too little love. I’m half asleep right now, so I’m not sure if what I drew is really right for the subject or not…
This was pretty quick, about 20 min. in openCanvas.

Her0d: cool speed sketch… tho i cant make out what he’s holding (the transparent glass object)… do elaborate on your strange idea? I’m intrigued :slight_smile:
gjpetch: that skin shading is really nice!

[[img]http://i150.exs.cx/img150/8467/love8mt.jpg[/img]](http://www.imageshack.us)

less than 15 mins, open canvas (i find i draw fastest using this cool lil tool)

Deaderthanred: Thanks :slight_smile: And some explanation: he’s holding the glass, but the glass is not his. And the green pills are some really really bad stuff. There was a tv report last night about a girl who went to the disco with her friends, later that night she called home saying that she probably found her true love there, and she will come back late… And there was no happy end in this story :confused:

Oh, and about OpenCanvas and another fun free tools - there will be probably new version of ArtRage in few days, I cant wait :slight_smile:

PS with wacom about 1 hours and 40 min
don’t know, it just became while sketching

ps+wacom 20 min

Nice stuff again!
Im impressed by deaderthanred! Very cool base for only 15 minutes :slight_smile:

Here is some ghetto love by me :love:

2,5 hours… Started with photoshop… after 20 min lack of inspiration… jump to artrage… boredom struck jump to photoshop after 15 min left hand doodling.
After that i got the idea and started doing stuff with Photoshop and trusty wacom pen!

“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn?”
Probably :slight_smile:

Forgot: 20 mins ps…

gjpetch great skin tones. I bet I know why he has not enough love.
deaderthanred You should detail this one out. Great composition
daw haha he is not doing what i think he is, is he?
Falcor_ are you right handed? if so that’s amazing! never tried doodling with right hand

Euhm…

30 minutes PS

30 minutes. painter/photoshop.

Milho: Yeah im right handed, but i always start my artwork with left arm :thumbsup: After 20 minutes or if i get a cool idea and need more accurate work… Ill do the rest with right arm. Less joint pain this way.

Almost feels like somebody else is drawing when i start with left arm… I kinda look it and observe while lefty is drawing. When i see the picture… aha! … ill grap the pen and do the rest with right arm. Silly eh? :slight_smile:

sounds good. have to try it

Here’s my quicky made during lunch.

Photoshop / 45 min. / mouse

Her0d - Somewhat dark but unexpected as always.

gjpetch - He looks like he’s actually hated! I like the classical painting look.

deaderthenred - I think you are getting faster too! And Milho is right - it deserves a more detailed version.

daw - I’m not 100% sure I get your idea but it looks cool. Your latest posts have really been caughting my attention.

sogan_renderer - Festive! Try another with more detail.

Falcor_ - You start stuff like that with your “wrong” hand?! keels over

Milho - Expressive.

Rudeone - Yeah, “Euhm…” LOL

Alex Worthy - “He” looks like a movie star or something. Hehe!

Ephesus - Cool idea. And the bee is so cute!
It’s interesting to see what people do with the topics. I think I’ll pass this one. No ideas at all… #$%&!

wacom+gimp, 1hour

.b

40m Painter & wacom

Ephesus -> Great idea!

SoniaNotRed:

Here is a cool comparson picture i just put up on web for you.
Right one is traditional pencil. Left one is wacom stuff.

http://www.kolumbus.fi/kamarainen.juha/arm_comparison.jpg