CgTalk Daily Sketch 270 'The sound of happiness'

‘The sound of happiness’
By
Protozone

and dont forget to provide topics and source images/video for the next: Matte Wars Forum Topic Suggestions

We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.

These are the rules:

• Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
  • RESOLUTION : The image can have any aspect ratio up to 800 x 600
  • They can be done on any medium.
  • If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
  • Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing, unless is it an integral part of the challenge.
  • The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
  • The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
  • Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
  • Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
  • The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
    (The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
    *You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
  • Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.

Good luck

-Roberto
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread:
>>Link<<

First time i’m first :slight_smile:

Photoshop CS + wacom, 1hr

, ok so for you the sound of happiness is your wacom pen bouncing on the wall
hitting the floor getting smashed by your feet in your way to dinner ???

:D   :D [img]http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]    :applause:  great pic man :thumbsup:!

Played with a demo version of Alias Sketchbook Pro for this one. Pretty cool little program. Although it took a while and I didn’t end up with quite the image I wanted, just because I’m much more familiar with Photoshop. About an hour - part of that time was just getting used to the program.

edit: gosh, forgot about info. 10 min, illustrator + tablet.

Tried to see how i could sketch crowds. It went ok although painting would be difficult. So the sound of happiness is… crowds shouting at victorious warriors or something like that. By the way, good work folks!
ps/wacom/30mins

painter 50 minutes

Crazy3DMan: your sketch is really great

OpenCanvas, around two hours.
( hints or tutorials welcome )

I can´t believe this… I thought it was the sound of silence! not the sound of happiness :eek:

ok, I made a drawing but I´m not going to post it because it has nothing to do with the topic

anyway, this is daily so… see you tomorrow
Nice sketches everyone
and thanl you for your comments on the tablet working crazy3dman.

happiness doesnt need to be noisy :wink:

oblivisci, crazy3dman, White Rabbit : awesome work, guys!
i’ve no time to do anything but work today… deadlines looming :banghead:

oblivisci: stylized work! i love it!

here’s mine: around 1h30, photoshop cs… maybe i’ll update it later :slight_smile:

Really great sketchs so far. I was out almost all day and recently got home. I’m falling asleep, so no more time. Sorry for the simplicity.

OpenCanvas/10 minutes

EDIT: Converted the file to a png since the Jpeg had too many commpression artifacts (and the file size is now smaller).

mdme_sadie - don’t know exactly what it is that I love about your sketch - it brought a smile, though! well done!

Drumwhore - yours reminds me of the Ween song, “Little Birdy” - love it!

Drumwhore - thank you, i absolutely love the purple giant. purple giants are too rare.

also trying for a crazy3dman style :slight_smile:

but i got bored

10-15 mins
opencanvas
Wacom

Here’s mine. I can’t believe it took me nealy 3 hrs on this thing. I guess I forgot how time flies on me when I’m having fun. Actual time is: 2 hrs 45 mins. Done by hand & Photoshop.:smiley:

Drumwhore, yours is soooo cool. :bounce: Mine is stylized and the instrument representing the sweetness of sound is simple. But not bad for my second attempt here…

PS 2.5 hrs

Note: the ear was pulled from a drawing I submitted to the 2d forum:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=206307

Great work everyone!

esp: crazy3dman and drumwhore

• Gord

Thanks Gordonm - Love your colors. Makes me think of Peter Max.

Thanks - I was thinking of him …and… the Beatles…and … “the summer of love”…and Jimi Hendrixs’ “are you experienced” album cover …and - Uh - Ok Ok - I confess, I was tripping down memory lane! (but it was fun!) :slight_smile:

• Gord