CgTalk Daily Sketch 265:THE FUNDAMENTALS005: Portraiture:Portrait-Picture
Welcome to ART Fundamentals week at the Daily Sketch forum.
The idea is to go back and practice core skills for one week.
Portraiture: We will be drawing today portraits, from photos posted on this thread.
[li]In order for this to work we need photos (of links to them). So please post photos of either yourself, a family member, or maybe a pet or a celebrity, so the artists have material to work with…[/li][li]People will pick from the photos on the thread and and paint a portrait, referencing the photos that have been posted.[/li][li](The final image can be stylized, or realistic. Just emphasize a likeness of the model.[/li][li]If you wish you can paint a portrait from one of your own pictures, BUT post the source image to see how succesful you have been,[/li][li]The voting thread will be posted next Wednesday, so you guys have until then.[/li][/ul]
Check out these links below for reference purposes:
Welcome to the cgtalk sketch group.
We will try to post one of these topics once a day for your enjoyment.
These are the rules:
- Post only your FINAL piece on this thread, based on the topic on the thread.
- 640 x 480 / 480 x 640 OR 800 x 600 /600 x 800
- They can be done on any medium.
- If you wish, you can add a brief text description about your piece.
- Only original compositions. No “tributes” or plagiarizing.
- The topics will be posted every day between 10:00 - 12:00 am US EST.
- The artist also has to post total length of time it took (Thanks Clanger for the idea) and program used.
- Only final pieces can be posted on the thread. They must have been done AFTER the topic has been announced.
- Any piece caught breaking the rules will be taken off the thread.
- The topics will be picked at random from the list on this thread
(The author will be given credit). So guys keep them coming.
*You can add multiple entries, but please dont post WIP (Unless you intend to update them). NEW RULE!
- Ill post ANOTHER thread to quantify and track WHO has participated the most on these threads.
PS To submit your topic ideas and suggestions go to this thread: