Founded by pioneers in the computer graphics industry, JAXX is a Toronto-based post-production and content studio servicing agencies, networks, and global brands. JAXX is part of a group of companies that includes the renowned visual effects studio SpinVFX, and their partner organization, SpinVR. Together, our companies have worked on major Hollywood productions such as Game of Thrones (HBO), Stranger Things (Netflix) and John Wick (Summit Entertainment), non-scripted TV productions including The Great Canadian Baking Show (Netflix) and Hometown Takeover (HGTV), and developed commercial content for Warner Music Canada, Walmart, and more.
Working with us offers exposure to state-of-the-art software and technologies on high-profile projects. If you are interested in using your skills to work with an award-winning team of artists and technologists, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking to hire a CG Generalist who is passionate about their craft, highly skilled in the foundations of computer graphics, focusing on 3D, modeling, rigging, and general computer graphics techniques.
If selected to join our team, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with our award-winning creative leads on major global brands and productions regularly. We also offer technology training to help you add to your existing skills and diversify your experience.
Interested applicants should send their resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position that you are applying for in the subject line.
You have professional experience delivering 3D computer graphics (CG) content for audiences. You are a ‘jack-of-all-trades’: a problem-solver, builder, creative thinker, and accustomed to working with a Producer and other creatives to complete projects. You have experience liaising with clients and working on multiple projects concurrently.
You are passionate about real-time rendering, stylized and photo-realistic 3D experiences, as well as computer graphics technology. You are eager to learn and contribute ideas confidently.
- Professional experience and high proficiency in Maya (including Mash), VRay & Redshift render software.
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects for compositing and 2D animation
- Experience in rigging 3D objects and characters in Maya, as well as 3D camera animation
- Experience in modeling, texturing, UV, shading, lighting, animation for objects, environments, or full scenes
- Experience in Substance Painter, Blender, Fusion 360, MOI, Quixel Mixer, Mari, or Zbrush is an asset
- Strong knowledge of full CG lighting/characters/environments
- Strong background and experience in asset generation, including high poly to low poly workflows
- Experience in 3D scene layout and assembly
- Understanding of dynamic FX or particle simulation
- Ability to transition smoothly between a variety of generalist roles on different projects
- Ability to troubleshoot to solve creative and technical issues
- Solid Art and Design fundamentals with a proven eye for detail, scale, and realism
- Excellent communication skills and able to work effectively across multiple teams, remotely
- Independent, self-driven, able to effectively meet deadlines
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations
- Comfortable interfacing with clients
- Experience creating or rigging assets for virtual or augmented reality
- Knowledgeable about UX and UI
- Shader coding in HLSL / GLSL
- Coding in Python
- Experience producing pipeline tools for Maya
- Experience creating USD-based pipelines
- High standard of quality control
All applicants must be available to work in the Greater Toronto Area.