Backburner Access Denied error

Hi guys, I was hoping I could get some help on this odd error.

I’m running a Windows 7 system with maya 2011 and 2010 as well as 3ds Max on it and rendering with backburner. Max works fine but any of the Mayas keep giving me an
“Access error (0x5) - Task error: Process cannot be added to job group”

Now the firewall is fine (off in fact) and the programs have proper permissions set up and have no issues in launching on their own and working fine. Max even renders perfectly on the system.

In addition I’ve got seven other identical systems with the same setup. So what could it be?

never mind, fixed it.

It turn out that it’s our old pal Program Compatibility Assistant that was causing the issues.

For future reference:

1. Click Start, type gpedit.msc and press Enter

2. Click Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates ->
    Windows Components -> Application Compatibility

3. Click Turn Off Program Compatibility Assistant ,then select
    Enabled and press OK.

I just wanted to post and thank you for this. I found lots of other threads on this issue, none with a resolution. Sure enough, that got us up and running. Thank you thank you thank you. :applause:

Thank you!
Works like a charm :slight_smile:
Got those nasty non-working machines back on track.

cheers for posting this!

This indeed seems to work, which is really really great!

Only like to note that you need to restart windows (at least on win7) for this to take effect.

-Johan

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.