area light + shadows + gi = no specularity on glass

I think this was already mentioned long time ago. However the disadvantage i see is that one would need to buy their Graphics Card too in order to use their technology. The better approach would be IMHO to use CUDA or OpenCL which would EIAS users cost nothing expect the regular software updates, assuming in the case of CUDA that EIAS users have an Nvidia Graphics Card.

Regards
Stefan

Ah, and one more thing… I believe GPU technology, wether from Caustics or the ones i mentioned would also need a good amount of memory on your graphics card, in order to render high res/high poly count images or animations. Maybe Paul can tell us a bit more about testing Octane with high-res work.

BTW. since you mentioned this, how would that work with EIAS?! I mean Animator and Camera are two applications. In order to have a nice realtime feedback, while applying shaders, setting lights etc., then a mini Camera app. had to be in Animator, or am i wrong?

Regards
Stefan

Good questions - which is why I’ve put it up on the EIAS3D forum.
Maybe the Igors could give some answers?
Michael.

Hi Michael,

now you have your answer. Not very convenient…:wink: I assume after thinking about it for a while that it does not fit into the EIAS code base. I´m no programmer, but something tells me that in order to have new features like this or others like 64bit etc. for example, they would need something like a core rewrite of the whole system. EIAS even not has a standard OSX UI and i believe somehow in order that this should work you would need one, in a unified environment. Not to mention if old 3rd party plug-ins would work with that too.

Just my two cents.

Regards
Stefan

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.