Arcturus is the global software leader in the post-production and streaming of volumetric videos. With tools to edit, compress, and stream volumetric video in today’s spatial era, Arcturus is revolutionizing the immersive content experience across a range of verticals, from viewing sports in holographic form, experiencing photorealistic virtual performances, engaging with interactive digital human assistants, and more immersive forms of social media and e-commerce where consumers can view and interact with products in 3D.
The company was founded by a team of innovators from Netflix, Pixar, Dreamworks, Google, Uber, and YouTube and has offices in California, USA and Nova Scotia, Canada.
Full Stack Software Engineer, Product
This role will be focused on the development of our HoloSuite line of products, including HoloEdit, HoloStream and upcoming products in stealth mode. Initially the successful candidate will be working on the user portal for HoloStream, our global adaptive bitrate streaming technology. This portal helps users manage content, review analytics about their viewership, and playback volumetric content with our streaming webplayer technology. This can be a Junior or Intermediate position, to be determined based on relevant experience.
Our approach to engineering involves cross training on multiple areas of our software systems with a varied and dynamic set of problems to solve. While our work is challenging we support each other, winning as a team and celebrating our successes together. We value diligence, care and craft in our work while working with our customers in mind to give them the best experience we can with our product. This role will require an empathetic mindset for user experience to take our product to the next level; while you will be working with a designer, vernacular and experience in this area is desired to fill in the gaps and move quickly and carefully.
There is room in this role for additional focus on cloud system design, devops, or build engineering, should it be of interest to the candidate. Alternatively, work with webGL, rendering, encoding and decoding could be another area to grow into. Working together we can chart a course that meets your learning goals and interests.
- Working with the product team and CTO, gather requirements for new product workflows, features and fixes
- Working with the engineering team, propose solutions to assigned work with attention to completeness, correctness, codecraft, and user experience while responding to comments and suggestions from your peers
- Working with QA, see your code through to deployment using CI, test, and code review to assure quality
- Working with our pipeline technicians, support the creation of training and troubleshooting materials for our customers
- 2 years experience with either node.js / Express or Django on a project with scale
- Demonstrable skill in front end development with a focus on user experience
- AWS console, CLI, and SDK experience
- PostgreSQL and Sequelize experience
Special Consideration Given to those with
- Previous experience working on a continuously deployed web application
- Understanding of
- Volumetric video
- Immersive media: VR, AR
- Capture and scanning: 6DOF vs 3DOF, photogrammetry
- Communications: project management, tracking, scheduling, bug reporting
- Realtime 3D rendering experience
- Experience with QT and working with QML
We believe in organizing around a mutual respect for one another and delivering best-in-class quality products and services. Arcturus strives to be a socially conscious employer by evaluating its slate of projects with social good in mind. We have an open management style, and believe in continuous learning on the job and career development.
We aim to improve the state of the industry with equitable hiring and operating practices that support people who identify as disabled, BIPOC, trans, LGBT+, or women.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this position.