#AMDCREATORS POWER & SPEED ANIMATION CONTEST 2021 - OFFICIAL RULES
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor: This #AMDCreators Power & Speed Animation Contest 2021 (“Contest”) is sponsored by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., with an address at 2485 Augustine Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054, on behalf of itself and its affiliates (hereinafter “Sponsor”). The Administrator of the Contest is BW AND A Pte Ltd, 38 Jalan Pemimpin, #04-05, Singapore 577178.
The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram (“Instagram”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who are at least the minimum age of majority in their place of residence at the start of the Entry Period (defined below), and who submit a valid Entry (as defined below) (hereinafter “Participant”). The Contest is open to legal residents of Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Brunei, South Korea, Japan (each an “Eligible Country”). Entries received from individuals located or residing in any country other than an Eligible Country, other than as noted above, as well any national of Burma, Cuba, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, Venezuela, and Iran or any country prohibited by law or export restrictions or otherwise, regardless of legal residency, will be disqualified. Employees of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, and the immediate family (defined as parents, children, siblings, domestic partner, husband or wife) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled, are ineligible. By participating in the Contest, Participants warrant that they are eligible to participate under the applicable local laws governing procurement of prizes and awards. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of prize would violate local law or cause damage to the reputation of AMD and/or any other party. Participant may be required to submit proof of their eligibility.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Contest constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Administrator, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. These Official Rules will be posted online at #AMDCreators Power & Speed Animation Contest 2021 Terms and Conditions
4. The Challenge: THE #AMDCREATORS POWER & SPEED ANIMATION CONTEST consists of ONE animation design contest covering 3D animations of character, creature, props and/or environment design, to be held on CGSOCIETY.ORG, whose winner will be decided by a panel of judges.
5. Entry and Entry Period: The entry period for this Contest is as follows.
THE #AMDCREATORS POWER & SPEED ANIMATION CONTEST, begins at 12PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on September 14, 2021 and ends 12AM EST (Eastern Standard Time) on October 12, 2021 (hereinafter the “Entry Period ”). Following the entry period, SPONSOR’s judges will select and announce the Grand Prize contest winner, on or around October 18, 2021.
6. Creating and Submitting an Entry: To enter the contest, participants must adhere to the following Requirements and Restrictions:
All work must be original and not violate IP rights. The visual reference of the entries must be original to the Participant.
Artists will be responsible for submitting a final render not shorter than 30 seconds and not longer than 120 seconds.
All work to be submitted on CGSOCIETY.ORG
Participants must follow @amd_creators on Instagram to be eligible to win the prize.
Grand Prize winner for the #AMDCREATORS POWER & SPEED ANIMATION CONTEST 2021 will be required to create a video about how the AMD-powered workstation helps bring his/her ideas to life. Video will be due 2 weeks from the receipt of the prize and AMD will be given the rights to use the video for publicity purposed on its social platforms.
The Entry may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement.
The Entry must not in any way disparage Sponsor, any of its products or services, the Contest, or any person or party affiliated with the Contest, or alternatively appear to promote any direct competitor of Sponsor;
The Entry may not contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
The Entry must not include threats (expressed or implied) to any person, place, business, or group;
The Entry must not invade privacy rights or any other rights of any person, business, or group, and the Entry must not name or depict any third party without his/her permission;
The Entry must not contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on sex, race, gender, gender identity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
7. Winner Selection: There will be a total of three (3) judges involved with the contest. The judges’ decision to select the Grand Prize contest winner will be final and based on the following judging criteria/metrics:
Composition/colour 0-10 Total points
Movement 0-10 Total points
Idea 0-10 Total points
Technique 0-10 Total points
Attention to detail 0-10 Total points
For each submission, please write a short narrative or story behind your creative concept.
8. Contest Prize:
Grand Prize winner: THE #AMDCREATORS POWER & SPEED ANIMATION CONTEST 2021 – 1x Lenovo ThinkStation P620 powered by AMD Threadripper™ PRO.
Maximum one (1) prize package per person. The total value of the prize equals an approximate retail value of USD10,000.00. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, substituted, or redeemed for cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as contemplated herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if the prize, or any component of the prize, cannot be awarded for any reason. Sponsor is responsible only for shipping of the prize; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Once a prize is shipped to the winner, Sponsor is not responsible for any prize that is lost, stolen, mutilated, destroyed, misdirected, or undelivered for any reason. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. Winners will be solely responsible for all national, federal, state, provincial, and/or local taxes, and local contribution, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
9. Prize Notification, Claiming and Delivery: The Grand Prize contest winner will be announced on CGSOCIETY.ORG as well as on @amd_creators on Instagram on or about October 18, 2021. Within 7 days following such announcement, the winners will be notified by SPONSOR via email or direct message. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 7 days from the date of SPONSOR’s notification:
Confirm receipt of the notice by email/direct message (which confirmation must be sent from the same email address/account to which the notice was sent); and Complete, sign and return a winner release form (as provided by SPONSOR along with its email notice) and such other requisite documentation (if any) listed in SPONSOR’s email notice Within 21 days following its receipt of the Required Winner Documents from the winner, SPONSOR will ship the prize via courier service, at SPONSOR’s expense, to the winner’s mailing address specified in his/her winning entry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if SPONSOR determines that the Required Winner Documents as returned by the winner are incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise not in order, SPONSOR may require the winner to provide complete or replacement documentation prior to shipment of prize. Digital prizes will be electronically emailed to the email address supplied as part of their contest submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of legal place of residence and age. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by SPONSOR. Prize will be shipped to each winner within thirty (30) days of winner announcement, upon completion of the Contest. Shipping costs will be borne by Sponsor. Potential winner(s) may waive their right to receive a prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery. Prize delivery mailing address must not be P.O. Boxes. Sponsor will not ship to P.O. Boxes.
10. Release: By participating, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, amend, suspend or modify this Contest in whole or in part, at any time and without notice or obligation, if in Sponsor’s sole discretion, any factor interferes with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Entry process. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or of any other provision of these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing errors or omission or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (5) any injury or damage to person or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason a Participant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest provided that if it is not possible to submit another Entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries or, as the case may be, received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
Nothing in these Official Rules shall disclaim, limit, or exclude liability for any liability that may not be disclaimed, limited, or excluded pursuant to applicable law.
14. Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Travis County, Texas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations of certain remedies or damages and so this provision may not apply to you.
15. Publicity: To the extent permitted by the mandatory provisions of the applicable law, by participating in the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant agrees to allow the Sponsor and/or the Sponsor’s designee the right to use for a period of one (1) year from the date of the participant’s entry his/her digital submission as well as personal information for all purposes related to this Contest (including, without limitation, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant’s personal information with Sponsor Related Parties as necessary to conduct and operate this Contest, communicating with and awarding the prize to the winner, making public announcements about the winner, and advertising, promoting and publicizing this Contest at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including, but not limited to, live television, worldwide, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review, or approval and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law).
©2021 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, Ryzen, Threadripper, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.