X-Particles V2 [Preview2]

Awesome!!!

A “Phoenix FD Shader like” would be the cherry on the top of this beauty.

Some more tests

https://vimeo.com/m/65908217

if this isn’t a reason enough to make xpresso multithreaded… then I have no idea what is :slight_smile:

amazing stuff guys

You don’t need xpresso to do this stuff so it’s all good :slight_smile:

yea I know, but if someone chooses to work in xpresso? =)

You having fun? :smiley:

It’s the biggest proof that C4D needs multithreading. No one appears to be listening at Maxon so throw your money at X-Particles.

WHew, the latest tests are looking neat. So far I’ve seen xparticles integrating with pshade, any word on how it works with something like stormtracer?

yea I know, but if someone chooses to work in xpresso? =)

yes well all the expresso power in x-particles is in there to work with we spent a long time porting it. but you do lose the threading so yep it would be nice.

but its still faster than TP :wink:

any word on how it works with something like stormtracer

I Don’t have ST anymore so I’m not really sure to be honest ill ask if any of our testers use it

cheers
Mike

Not entirely correct :slight_smile: you don’t loose the multithreading, but you introduce areas that are single threaded (i.e. xpresso and its calcs), anything running internal x-particles code with enough particles is still multithreaded.

Thanks David

Ps ST works if you get XP to generate TP

PSS, FYI, finish up ASAP. :slight_smile:

looking fantastic. Cannot wait.

Amazing work done with an update)) :buttrock: Looks like i will buy an update) Hope it’ll have reasonable update price :rolleyes:

Will it be possible to export X-Particle 2 particles as realflow particles?

Yes, you can import and export RealFlow BIN files.

Thanks,

The Realflow workflow plugins are a great way of getting particle data into other applications.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.