www.animationmentor.com

Pretend that all the best CG animators on the planet got together and decided to create an online school.

Okay, now pretend it’s real.

Okay, now breathe.

www.animationmentor.com

Edit/Add: Here’s a compiled FAQ by Jozvex

[From Mod]
AnimationMentor has been officially announced today.
News is on CGNetworks:
http://www.cgnetworks.com/story.php?story_id=2191

OK, I’m all for it.

If it lives up to the statements that the video makes, this is probably a good investment for animators.

I’d really like to see more info on it, not just a shiney video.

Originally posted by BoomRat
[B]OK, I’m all for it.

If it lives up to the statements that the video makes, this is probably a good investment for animators.

I’d really like to see more info on it, not just a shiney video. [/B]

Who shat in your corn flakes? Nobody on the planet can ever claim 1/20th of that teaching staff. In most places I’d be a teacher and now there is a school where I’d be an entry-level student. That’s such an amazing feeling! It makes me want to go to school!

(I DON’T have any professional association with that place btw. I’ve talked over email to a few of those people and MET one of them, so I know they’re legit, nice people working on this thing that just want to give back to the animation community at large)

I’M IN!!!

Where is there more info?
Cost, start date etc…

I felt the same way when I saw this, Jason! I want to go to school there! :slight_smile:

looks AMAZING!

That is so awesome , cant wait to enroll!

Now this is something I don’t mind taking more lessons in.

Need more knowledge!

Certainly looks full of promise and should be a biggY!
Sort of place I need to go…

Atwooki

Now that is amazing …im so on that …wow !!! :buttrock:

Thanks for the info Jason.

Sounds & looks awesome, I’m definately looking into it :thumbsup:

woow … cool site !!!

that just looks incredible!!:bowdown:

anyone have an idea of the cost?

I can’t wait!I can’t wait!I can’t wait!I can’t wait!I can’t wait!I can’t wait!I can’t wait!I can’t wait!I can’t wait!:bounce:

Originally posted by JasonOsipa
Who shat in your corn flakes? Nobody on the planet can ever claim 1/20th of that teaching staff. In most places I’d be a teacher and now there is a school where I’d be an entry-level student. That’s such an amazing feeling! It makes me want to go to school!

you do realize that there is a difference between internet school and real school I hope.

'bout time fer bentllama to catch up on a refresher!

looks very cool and promising.

count me in!

Wow!

It looks awesome and I’d definitely go for it, but I’ve been doomed to 56k and there’s nothing I can really do about it. Not yet at least.

If there have already been students, I wonder why we’re only just hearing about it now?

:surprised

Originally posted by m0og0o
you do realize that there is a difference between internet school and real school I hope.

Haha. Yes. Yes I do. I have taught, both in classrooms and by putting out a book, and usually would find online instruction to be inferior (ONLY to the former) but from what I’ve heard (from uber-good sources, like 'm say, coworker friends <wives of participating ROCKSTARS>) they seem to have put a lot of time and effort (2+ years) into establishing workflows and propietary software to facilitate the easy communication in a visual manner that is essential to animation. In short, the best in the biz are teaching the way the best in the biz would like to be taught.

The way to make the best accessible, is for you to come to them. That’s how you get them, that’s how you hold them.

It’s not hit the ground just yet, but when it does, I don’t know what will or possibly COULD compare to that kind of feedback and guidance.

PS- Jason S. Haha. no school for you, you’re too bloody good. Are they hiring? I’ll take a class from the likes of you!

Do you have to pay to play so to speak? Not to take anything away from the school, but what’s the difference between this and CGTalk or something similar?

If you have to pay to take part in this thing, what makes it worth it, other than the names involved? Why not just grab some free tips and tricks from people you meet online?

Just playing devil’s advocate.

Do you have to pay to play so to speak? Not to take anything away from the school, but what’s the difference between this and CGTalk or something similar?

i met one of those guys once, i learned more in a couple hrs talking with him than i did in 2 months of animation class at school.

so yah, sign me up in a heartbeat. i’d love to get my animation ripped apart by those guys.