Witcher 3 CG trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhaIQ7Q3U6E

Great trailer. I really can’t wait for this game.

You know as the Witcher was leaving slowly on the horse as the woman cries for help I was like: "No… no way you gonna walk away from that… "

And then he gets off his horse and starts beating up the gang I’m like: “Now that’s a good boy.” :beer:

Heard this is actually a scene from one of the Witcher novels.

P.S.: Who does the Witcher game trailers? These are pretty good.

think platige is doing them…

Great cinematic as always!
Ha, an old witcher wrist knife assassin’s creed version, cool.

Yeah, made @ Platige, Poland

Well thought out storyline for a cinematic. One of the best I’ve seen in a while. Far better than those fight … fight … fight … flashy ones.

That gave me chills…“killing…monsters”. The choreographed fight sequence was the best I’ve seen in a cinematic. I also really like their metallic logo that they seem to use in an even more creative manner on each trailer.

The Witcher series always has the best story line.
I agree MrPositive, chills.

That is what the series are known for. Aside from amazing gameplay they have great stories and characters. Witcher is one of the few games where I do not mind listening to dialogue because it is so good.

If you guys haven’t played witcher 2 yet you missed out on one of the best games ever made. It is usually available for really cheap on steam and GoG.

Guess I’m the only one who’s disappointed (and slightly worried)… Geralt is decidedly out of character here.

From a purely technical standpoint the trailer is obviously very good.

I can’t recall this scene from any of the novels or short stories (read them all several times).

Not really a scene but a quote is used, which might have inspired the scene:

“People,” Geralt turned his head, "like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves. When they get blind-drunk, cheat, steal, beat their wives, starve an old woman, when they kill a trapped fox with an axe or riddle the last existing unicorn with arrows, they like to think that the Bane entering cottages at daybreak is more monstrous than they are. They feel better then. They find it easier to live.” - Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish

It was also announced that Charles Dance will be the voice of the Emperor of Nilfgaard, love his acting in Game of Thrones :slight_smile:

I’ve only read The Last Wish, but I can buy it. It seems the events of the last two games have made Geralt progressively less tolerant of human evil over the course of the last two games.

I dunno, fans of the stories tell me that in print, Geralt reads like a true-blue superhero, one of few good men in the world he lives in.

So they told me the trailer was “true to character”.

Out of character?
I thought that this echoes perfectly what is his tragedy. He just can`t pass by…

If you guys haven’t played witcher 2 yet you missed out on one of the best games ever made. It is usually available for really cheap on steam and GoG.

will i miss anything by playing witcher 2 before 1

You probably wouldn’t have much trouble picking up the story so far from the Witcher 2 but the first one is also a great game so why not start there?

Note that the game-play style of the two are fairly different. The second game is also much more demanding on your system.

You probably wouldn’t have much trouble picking up the story so far from the Witcher 2 but the first one is also a great game so why not start there?
Note that the game-play style of the two are fairly different. The second game is also much more demanding on your system.

thanks for the tip, i will add the witcher 1 to my list of games to play.

Be aware Witcher 1 is a VERY old game. It runs on the old bioware engine and is a top down click around rpg while Witcher 2 is completely different gameplay wise and look wise (still one of the best looking games out there). I would start with Witcher 2 to be honest and read about the story of Witcher 1 before you start and after you beat it go back and play Witcher 1 if you feel like it. Witcher 1 is a good game but Witcher 2 is the better game by a mile.

Err, I think you’re thinking of something else. The Witcher 1 is definitely third person over the shoulder, same as Witcher 2, and it’s not that old (late 2007). It did use a modified version Bioware’s engine, but the Aurora Engine (used for Neverwinter Nights), not the old 2D engine. Gameplay is different, and definitely improved in two, but it’s not that huge a change; biggest difference is that in two you start out with access to all your spells, while in one you have to earn them one at a time (making for kinda boring early combat).

The PC version allowed you to switch your view between an over the shoulder and a more strategic isometric perspective, isometric view can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSNO8m4pnfI