Wire Head W/ Frame, Meats Meier (3D)

Title: Wire Head W/ Frame
Name: Meats Meier
Software: ZBrush

Wire Head with Frame.
This image is from the series “Ordinary Pictures Found in an Average Home”.
All elements were created in Zbrush with its amazing tools and then composited and color corrected in Photoshop.
The frame is composed of elements from the main image itself, and took less than a day to complete. Pixols. It’s all about the Pixols…there really is no limit for the imagination once you get a hang of using them. The Hybrid 2d-3d engine in Zbrush takes a little time to wrap your head around, but once you get it…sleeping becomes secondary. :slight_smile:
>> Hi resolution image <<

Excellent.:applause:

great work… :thumbsup:

Fantastic, I really admire the level of detail in your work

insanely wonderful!

Meats!

Wonderful Piece. Looks great! can’t wait to see more. Z_Brush?? Wow. I really need to start gettig into that software. This screams FRONT PAGE! Sorry I haven’t wirtten you back yet, I will soon, been crazy busy,

Later,
Brian

otra de tus genialidades

estupendo!!! estilo:thumbsup:

FUNK

great job meats. I do think the face in the middle could use some more texture though. The outside frame looks great because it has this nice rust look, but the face in the middle looks a little default. Being someone that loves busyness I have always appreciated how much is going on in your pictures. I do feel that your textures have been taking a back seat to the shear amount of detail lately though.

What can I say about this piece? Crazy amount of details, psycothic elements and order… but I definitively like it!! I agree with comment regarding textures, a more interesting texture in main face could do more to enhance image.

Less than a day?, man I could´t do this in less than a month (without sleeping, of course).

This really is art. I love pictures where you can spend hours trying to find all the details. I agree with B3AND1P that the outside frame has a more interesting texture then the face but on the other hand it does make a nice contrast.

• Hauke

Excellent!.. Original, your work is unmistakable… :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone.

Brian - Thanks, and I look forward to it.

As far as the detail in the face and the frame being different, it is planned that way. This image is created to be printed at 40 inches x 40 inches so when you scale it down to 900 pixels, it loses a little bit in the translation. The face inside is supposed to be an illustration, while the frame surrounding it is to be real. In the closeups, I even went as far to give the center face image some canvas texture to help with the contrast between the two.

Be sure to check out the high resolution version.

Here are a few more close-ups as well:
-

I appreciate your comments!

Ahh that makes much more sense now. Thats a crapload of detail dude! How did you do all that detail so quickly?

what the…good god :banghead::bowdown::argh::argh::argh:

Hey, this is a really nice concept. It just reminded me of some old CD cover work of a heavy metal band. Nothing to do with the music, but their artist was making works of this style. I’m not using Zbrush but I’ve seen how it works, so I think you’ve done a great job on the detail, no further comments.

B3AND1P - You can do detail really quickly in Zbrush because of all of your objects can be used as tools, and painted onto the canvas light as a feather…

LOTK -

Hey, this is a really nice concept. It just reminded me of some old CD cover work of a heavy metal band. Nothing to do with the music, but their artist was making works of this style. I’m not using Zbrush but I’ve seen how it works, so I think you’ve done a great job on the detail, no further comments.

Are you sure it wasn’t my image? My work has graced over 30 CD covers, most of them heavy metal. I would like to see an image of the one you are talking about. Thanks for the comments!

great job, i love the detail :slight_smile:

Very impressive metal work if you know what I mean

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.