WIP:Visitor

Well, I know this is LW forum, but anyway I feel start this thread with concept sketches. These are made for one short about relationship between one mechanical man and mechanical rat. How this all happen in the end I will not tell you for now.

Main Actor

Rat Boy

Lovely house or maybe castle

I’m atleast 3/4 done with the man so I’ll post his CG stills soon.
Stay come, and enjoy.

I like the Rat. The Castle reminds me too much of Rustboy.

Peter

I agree with the castle comment…but would be nice to see how you translate it into 3d…keep em coming:)

Concept sketches are that way, too easy to see influence usually. For I even see a Burton-esque look in Rustboy stuff. :wink:

Bring on the models, cuz the sketches look like a hoot to model!

Big time burton influences I would guess in his work:) Nothing wrong with that:)

Remi, none at all! So long as you add your own flair to those you are imitating.

Well, too many Rustboy funs around. Be honest I know great Rustboy stuff and doesn’t have to look like that. Maybe the blue color do you all think about Rustboy. But for all who knows my style it’s pretty clear that it will not look like RB. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Anyway, for the castle I was more inspired by Nocturna. It will be great movie with lots of passion in it.

You can check it out on http://www.filmaxanimation.com/nocturna/default.htm

As I promise here I show you renders of the man. As you could see he’s quiet different. More Fat and rounder, but basically same kind of character. The blue parts are yet early WIP so don’t put your comments on this yet.

>>> The Man <<<

Thanks all.

PS: It’s my first “fully” robotic character. I didn’t know how difficult it would be. Someone could say: just a character made by steel. But there are too many things too care about. Like a “hard” joints. I wish act him flexible like a normal character from meat and bones, and all have to work like he is real robot. But he is made by steel and I can’t bend him. So I had to care more about the all possibilities how for example make his arm flexible. Then I found that I will need two parts in shoulder, one extra part in up arm what will roll his arm, and also one extra joint between low arm and hand.

Very funny Character :slight_smile:
Good Concept and sweet modelling :thumbsup:
Only feet … - edgy ?!

nice concepts dreamtalks, i love the rat as well :thumbsup:

Originally posted by TuroAzja
Very funny Character :slight_smile:
Good Concept and sweet modelling :thumbsup:
Only feet … - edgy ?!

legs are done by simply objects. I do that always. I do character from simply objects, get a quick result of the geometry. When I decide that all has right size and place, then I do a proper modelling. :slight_smile:

Great style and great WIP. Keep posting. Bring on the rat.

Well, I haven’t yet start with Rat … SORRY. But I had change my mind and goes in little different way with the castle. No I wasn’t so afraid from Rust boy I just feel that more space looking house will be more than fit the story.

So have a look at entry I had done.

and here is full house sketch

See you later.

This door is great. Good start for your house.

I dig this look! Your effort is a great start.

Thanks all.

And here we go with small update.

Maybe house looks stupid with the bridge as you see. But it will stay on big rocks … coming soon

Great stuff…really like the house you’ve made…looking forward to more updates…:slight_smile:

One more update

I had use just fast done background. I wanted see how does it look like and what atmosphere I can get there. No textures, just lights, backdrop with fog. I draw there a few changes I’m gona do next. Some pillows in front of bridge and guardrail. Some improvements on land is also in do list.

See you

Nice, as usual. I definitely follow this thread.

:beer:

Hey dreamtalks, I like where you are going with the man and house. This is looking great so far.

How about some wires of the man, and when will we get to see that cool rat?

Originally posted by carbon8
[B]Hey dreamtalks, I like where you are going with the man and house. This is looking great so far.

How about some wires of the man, and when will we get to see that cool rat? [/B]

All in time.I’ll start Rat next week… I hope. Need finish house when I have fresh ideas and mind.

I’m not so happy with the man… somehow too much steel looking.
I have one idea for improvements and hope will be able show it soon.

Maybe it was bad idea show us all sketches at once. :blush:
Be patient I have in plan do what I had sketched … and some more, but I’m not going tell you what is it, till I’m finish Man, Rat and house.:stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: