{WIP}urban-destruction cityscape....

working on this piece for my job. just wanted to get some feedback on how its looking… any crits are appreciated

P.S. done in LW 7.5, and all will be cell shaded with BESM or unreal…whichever looks best in the end.

and just teh collection of buildings i have thus far…

I think this looks great so far!!! I can’t wait to see it with the textures in place! What’s your job by the way?

ermm… umm… well everything at this point. :slight_smile:

My company is working on a hiphop music video (3 minutes) that is fully animated and celshaded… so right now i am modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, um, animating… and etc.

its fun tho!

thanks, i will update as i finish
matt

You have broken up the regularity of what most people would think of as being geometric, the lines on the buildings, but the first thing that jumped out at me was everything else, like the street lamps and the street are straight as can be… I would apply the same treatment as you did to the buildings to the streets and light posts as well.

Looks great!!!

great point ctrlx… thats what is hanging me up with that image too…

I still have 2 buildings to dirty up and then i need to bend and twist the lightpoles and trashcans and then put pot holes in the street and sidewalks. :slight_smile: thanks

still lots to do

Very cool I can’t wait to see more.

What are the characters going to look like?

ignore the celshading, i havent even started seriously getting to it… this is just a prelim…

This is sweet stuff!
Please post more!

-R

heres an update for CTRL+X

NOW SEE!!!thats what Im talkin 'bout !!!

Looks great!!

Love the characters!!!

thank you, makes me feel happy! i have no life right now, just this stuff

i will continue to update for your crits :slight_smile:

I like it. No real comments or crits.
I just like it.

thank u!

just a new lineup of buildings… weird shadows because i turned on shadow map instead of raytracing…

almost done, then onto rubble piles and general litter. i gotta consider how detailed it will all be as we dont want to detract from teh action.

just a quick little rubble modeling… something up with some of the weights i used on edges, i will fix that later

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.