WIP: Schlitzy

Here’s a first go’ round at a character sketch for my (hiccup!)…dwarf, Schlitzy (hiccup!).

Jim

HA ! I shoulda done Piel-sey … I knew it.

Looks great.

Drunk mine-goblin in underwear!?!? This is just pervert! :wink:

Looks great so far!

LOL! Well, there goes on e of my ideas, haha. Still have a few I will think through.

By the way Jim, nice sketch. Wish I could draw like that.

Originally posted by kikiriki
[B]Drunk mine-goblin in underwear!?!? This is just pervert! :wink:

Looks great so far! [/B]

Oh, man. I didn’t even think of Perk, but now that’s all I see when I look at my character sketch.

Oh, well. Time for another idea.

Jim

Oh, no, no! Please don’t do that! (my big mouth :-(( )

Character is great and doesn’t resemble to Perk at all!

Drunk Disney’s Character puts whole thing in entirely different perspective (politically very incorrect- that’s why I like the idea even more :-)). I would really love to see how this character will evolve.

Please continue!

kikiriki,

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. I changed the sketch, mostly his clothes and I feel it’s different enough from Perk that I can live with it. I’ll look at it again tomorrow and see what I think.

I’m glad you mentioned mine-goblin. It would have been awful to start this character and worse to finish it and THEN see the similarities with Perk.

Jim

Frankly I like both of your designs. The new one has a tattoo though, that’s what’s makes it better :).

Either of these would make a sweet model. I had started to do my own drunk version, Belchy, but he pales next to Schlitzy. Can’t wait to see more!

I love it.

hehe put a NRA logo on his hat, give him a lit cigarette and a shotgun and you have a quintessential redneck dwarf

Wow, very cool:thumbsup: I especially like the Disneyish style (something I’ll never be able to emulate).

no need to worry about Perk style resemblances jim, there ain’t none physically except (two arms + legs, head, male etc etc.)

we’re all making mine goblins I believe.

I just have a feeling that’s a self portrait or it explains some of your self-contradictory posts… ouch! is that fighting talk?

Originally posted by hoochoochoochoo
[B]

I just have a feeling that’s a self portrait or it explains some of your self-contradictory posts… ouch! is that fighting talk? [/B]

Well, I admit I look like that sometimes, but not from drinking. Just my own natural good looks.:stuck_out_tongue:

Jim

I went back to my sketch and changed a few things. I didn’t like the shirtless look, so I gave him some old long underwear and made him a little more likeable. He’s a cheerful drunk, right up until he spews on your rug.

Now I gotta start modeling.

Jim

Yeah, he’s definately more likeable now. I like it alot:thumbsup:

Now I love that. That works!

I didn’t like the shirtless look, so I gave him some old long underwear and made him a little more likeable.

:beer:

Schlitzy really works now. The semi-redneck look seemed very out of place.

He’s perfect! I liked the first two, but the third drawing really nails it. Makes me think of a Disney-esque version of Otis the drunk on the Andy Griffith Show.

That is a realy fantastic sketch that you have there. Great character and feeling for material and form. Can’t wait to see it modelled.

Thanks for the comments! I couldn’t wait to see it modeled either so I found a few hours today. And here’s what I have so far.

I like the motivation of this contest!

Jim