Wip - Optimus Prime

Comments please.

Nice start Knerssh!

I had that transformer when I was a kid. Any truck pose renders comming sometime soon? I remember there was a lab and a small car in the van that Optimus towed…

If you make it transform, I’ll be extremely happy.

Haver and biffen: Thanks for the comments, maybe today i’ll post a truck pose, without wheels because I have no idea how do this. I need to think more.

And yes, i’ll make him transform.

Yesterday I started to setup the arms, I hope finish the arms and hands, and the torso transformation today.

Sorry for the poor english.

Some UPTADES

Comments please.

Wheels can’t be that bad. I remember on the actual cartoon, they just disapeared, but on the toy…
The wheels on the back (there was four, two per side) just stay on the side of his legs. The front ones, are just on the side of his hips. Just behind the bumper.

Thats awesome that it actually transforms.

Thanks kelly for the explanation. This is a simple test, just to see what I have to change, like the arms, and how to hide the hands.

Thanks aesir.

UPDATES:

Hide hands.

Front wheels.

Rear wheels.

That’s all folks.

Model looks nice.
But there are just a few things i would do different. What you are doing with youre model isn’t exactly the same like in the (80’s) series.
You should (this is just my opinion!) make the wheels just disappear when not needed. In stead of “putting it away”. The same for the hands.

Tip: see if you could get youre hands :wink: on a few episodes where you can see the transformation just right. It might save you a lot of work. (or just contact me :wink: )

Just my 2 cents…

Almost done!

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/alexmarik/transformacao2.html

Model looks nice.
But there are just a few things i would do different. What you are doing with youre model isn’t exactly the same like in the (80’s) series.
You should (this is just my opinion!) make the wheels just disappear when not needed. In stead of “putting it away”. The same for the hands.

I agree that the model looks nice, however I disagree about the wheels. I’m a big fan of the Transformers series, and I love the originals dissapearing wheels and all, but I think it adds a cool element to the cg version to have wheels that get hidden in compartments. It think it looks cool and dynamic in the animation. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Originally posted by EtherealWhisper
I agree that the model looks nice, however I disagree about the wheels. I’m a big fan of the Transformers series, and I love the originals dissapearing wheels and all, but I think it adds a cool element to the cg version to have wheels that get hidden in compartments. It think it looks cool and dynamic in the animation. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I agree about that. It looks cool indeed. :slight_smile:
But if i would transform Optimus (something i was already going to do), than i wouldn’t make the wheels disappear at all. Maybe just the front wheels. I don’t know that yet. I’ll post some concept art soon (somewhere in september :stuck_out_tongue: )

The animation looks good Knerssh!

really cool. I also like how the wheels and hands go into compartments

I remember back in the day when I had that toy.

Thanks guys for the replys.

I hope finish the transformation setup today, then start the materials, and some adjusts and details.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

Comments please.

Transform

No! I was jsut gonna psot my wip of this. Great work man, makin it transform is not easy. I like what youve done with the hip/bumper area.

Thanks tgg7979

Hey Nice you did it transform mabe you shot put better texture on it