[WIP] Fanart of characters from the Legend of Zelda series

I’ve been heavily inspired by the symbolism from the Legend of Zelda series for the past year and a half. I replayed Wind Waker on my Gamecube in 2017 and I just needed more. My friend lent me his Wii U so that I could play Breath of the Wild and GUH that game is beautiful. We bought a Nintendo 64 to play Ocarina of Time & Majora’s Mask too. I think it’s safe to say that I’m hooked.

First I started doodling, then illustrating, animating, and now I’m sculpting LOZ characters. 3D modeling/sculpting seems to be the medium that sticks for me. Now that I’ve graduated college I can’t stop myself from making art for these games.

I picked up Zbrush this summer and have been sculpting my favorite characters during livestreams. You can come by and chat if you like! https://www.twitch.tv/pols_kulpt

This was a model I did in Maya before I jumped to Zbrush. Following that are my fanart sculpts from earlier this summer.

My latest character is Malon from Lon Lon Ranch. I finished her sculpt and learned how to make a quick render using Zbrush with the help from one of my viewers on stream (KoiiWasTaken).

Saturday night (8/24) I finished the retopology. If you have any feedback please do let me know! I used as many references as I could find but I feel like it could still use some work.

Today was UV unwrapping (8/26). I stacked the mirrored sides and left the hair asymmetrical. I’m going to research more about hair strands for the next character. If you have any suggestions for improvement on UV unwrapping/layout please do share.