win10 + rendering = blue screen

Hey,

So this is my first post on CGtalk, figgured this was the best place to post my issue.

I am experiencing heavy render issues in maya16 on win10. I have rendered both highpoly models with bifrost, and now a super lowpoly single geometry with 2 lights, but I run into the exact same issues.
I am batch rendering animation, and everything is set up correct acordingly to how I’ve learned it. These problems happens with Mental Ray, Vray, maya software…

What happens is that it starts, and then it varies on how many frames it renders before it goes into a blue screen, windows collecting data, but with a different error message every single time. So as it is now, I have to sit and watch the batch render for hours just to be sure that it will render for me.

The specs of my comp is:

• Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake
    Socket-LGA1151, QuadCore, 4.0GHz, 8MB, 91W, 14nm
  • HyperX Savage DDR4 2400MHz 32GB
    2x16GB CL14 DIMM XMP (x2)
  • ASUS GeForce ROG Poseidon GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    PCI-Express 3.0, “Poseidon Platinum”, DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, 3xDP
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula, S-1151
    ATX, Z170, DDR4, 3xPCIe-x16, SLI/CFX, M.2, SupremeFX, WiFi(ac)
  • Corsair RM1000i, 1000W PSU
  • Cooler Master Nepton 240M CPU cooler
    240mm Radiator,

It’s about 4-5 months old, runs steady at with a cpu temp on 50 degrees Celsius, and about the same overall. Nothing is overclocked.

Does anybody have the slightest idea on how I can fix this issue?

Best,
Tom

if you use Blender, you can render for free using Golem. You can ask to be part of the trial by emailing them: testnet@golemproject.net.