Why Web Analytics Important for Web Sites?

Hi this is Palak Sharma
I am a Computer Science and Engineering student. I found this community when I was researching about Web Analytics over internet and now I think I am on a right place.
Well I developed a web site which is Programming base and one of my friend suggest me that I need to focus on Web Analytics also which will help me to grow traffic of my website. I am newbie and I don’t know how these things actually work. I search about it over the internet. I am learning about it but it is yet not clear to me till now. I am fully confused on the term Web Analytics. Can anyone give their precious suggestion on this. Will be a great support. Is Web Analytics really does matter for Web Site ?
Hoping form some positive responses.
Thanks

Hey there!

Web analytics is important for web sites because it provides you with data that can help you improve your web site’s performance. Web analytics can provide you with information about how people are finding and using your site, what pages they’re visiting, how long they stay on your site, and where they go when they leave. This information can help you make decisions about what content to create and update, where to place your advertising, and how to improve the user experience on your site. You can start by using Google Analytics and Google Search Console (both free web analytics platforms provided by Google.) These platforms provide comprehensive insights into how your website is performing on Google search.

Anyway, that’s a great mindset you have over there, as I started searching the Internet as well to get to know hot things work. You’ll learn even more if you start testing things yourself! Learning through test & trial is fun(if you don’t mess smth - but even then it’s a lesson learned) :slight_smile:

Absolutely agree that web analytics is essential to track what’s going on with your website. Google Analytics is a powerful and free tool that has proven to be crucial for my friend’s business. He had multiple stores in the ecommerce business and he was struggling in the beginning as he didn’t have enough insights into all the data. When he connected GA to his stores he could access KPIs like: what are the most-visited products and pages on the website or how much time are people spending on a particular page. Before that, he was basically making decisions blindly.

Web analytics is vital even for someone like me that’s in the social media management business. I use GA dashboard that provides a wealth of insights like: which social media platforms give me the most traffic, see what content works best with each social media platform, how many sales conversions my business gets from social media, calculate the ROI of my social media campaigns etc.

So to answer your question: if you want to avoid guess-based decisions start using web analytics for your websites.

Web analytics is the process of analyzing and understanding web traffic data. This data can be used to improve website performance and user experience. While web analytics is important for all websites, it is particularly crucial for ecommerce sites. That’s because understanding how users interact with an online store can help to improve sales and conversion rates. Without web analytics, it would be difficult to know which areas of the site are performing well and which need improvement. In addition, web analytics can also help to identify potential security issues and track user behavior changes over time. Ultimately, web analytics is an essential tool for website owners who want to optimize their site for success.

I believe that it is important to create the right design for the website, and this is the basis to attract more customers because the modern look of the site is always a cool idea. I have found for this purpose https://masterbundles.com/stock-content/vector/adventure-svg/ this site offers a wonderful large selection of tools such as svd files, templates backgrounds and I always use it to create an interesting website.

Hello this is Gulshan Negi
Website analytics provide insights and data that can be used to create a better user experience for website visitors. Understanding customer behavior is also key to optimizing a website for key conversion metrics.
Hope it will help.
Thanks